On behalf of our client we are seeking a Temporary Purchase Ledger Assistant to join their busy Accounts Payable function in central Bristol.
Duties will include processing internal expense claims for weekly payments, reconciling monthly credit card statements, paying supplier invoices, and ensuring all payments are posted accurately within the accounting software.
This will be a 36 month role and there is potential for more permanent options at the end of the contracts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring a dedicated mailbox and ensuring all emails are actioned in line with agreed cut off times
- Checking all expense claims have approval from the relevant budget holder
- Liaising with Partners and secretaries around the firm to reconcile monthly credit card statements, ensuring all business expenses are supported by receipts and the correct approvals
- Deploying virtual credit cards to the firm and reconciling spend
- Posting payments to the accounting software ensuring all data is entered accurately
- Ensuring supplier bank details are up to date and that appropriate due diligence has been undertaken on all suppliers including bank account verifications
- Verifying supplier invoices and processing them for payment within agreed payment terms
- Preparing weekly payment runs and submitting same day payment requests where required
- Reviewing and reconciling supplier statements and resolving discrepancies
- Monitoring and analysing aged creditors, proactively addressing outstanding invoice
For this role our client is looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- Have previous experience of working within a busy office environmentand data entry skills and experience
- Be able to work collaboratively as part of a team and be productive when working with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Be competent in all Microsoft office applications, specifically Excel
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Have strong communication skills
Monday Friday 9am 5pm
Mix of home and office working (central Bristol, no car parking)
£11 13.50 per hour