When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect around the world. We’re a human network that reaches across the globe and works behind the scenes. We anticipate, lead, and believe that listening is where learning begins. In crisis and in celebration, we come together-lifting up our communities and striving to make an impact to move the world forward. If you’re fueled by purpose, and powered by persistence, explore a career with us. Here, you’ll discover the rigor it takes to make a difference and the fulfillment that comes with living the #NetworkLife.What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, we have built a world-class Accounting organization. And it just keeps getting better! We’re a collaborative team that adds significant value to our stakeholders through advanced data analytics, driving business insights, identifying and implementing improvements through a wide array of digital finance automation and visualization tools, as well as supporting enterprise-wide system implementations.
We are at the forefront of operationalizing new business initiatives. We focus on providing opportunities for our team members to develop in their careers through offering new challenges, networking, and identifying opportunities for professional growth through training and continuous feedback. Your opinion matters - we have a continuous improvement mindset and we welcome team members to bring new skills and ideas!
Where you'll be working...
- Statutory accounting & reporting - Working with the local outsourced accountants for preparation, quality and filing of statutory accounts for relevant local statutory entities within specified deadlines.
- Manage local outsourced accountants to ensure accounting and filing compliance
- Main point of contact for internal teams, Treasury, Legal, HR, Regulatory
- Monthly close process and project
- Period end reporting - ownership of the production, review and analysis of P&L and B/S
- Monthly Blackline balance sheet reconciliations for entities Management of Cash flow requirements for all companies
- Contribute in developing, implementing, and maintaining systems, procedures and policies for the group; leverages system and technology knowledge to drive simplification efforts.
- Performing analytical assignments and preparing accounting reports, ensuring the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Handling resolution of inquiries and critical issues from internal customers.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.What we’re looking for...
You’ve got hands on statutory accounting expertise in Financial Accounting, a natural team player, and an ability to work effectively with your peers in other functions. You are comfortable managing data from multiple sources and proactively following up to ensure successful completion of deliverables. You can describe complex accounting concepts in a simple way, you work well across functions and take ownership of the tasks that have been assigned to you. You are someone comfortable working under pressure and tight deadlines. You are a self starter with excellent prioritization skills. You’re organized, analytical, and have the ability to identify process improvements.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- Experience in the preparation of general ledger postings and account reconciliations.
- Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and accounting standard methodologies.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and applications such as SAP, PeopleSoft, CPM/Essbase, Hyperion Financial Management, Blackline or related systems and applications.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent.
- CPA certification (or are in the process of getting certified).
- Experience with continuous improvement initiatives and root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Where you’ll be workingIn this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.Scheduled Weekly Hours40Diversity and Inclusion
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusionpage to learn more.
Reading, United Kingdom
- Type: Full time