Gibb Group is the industry’s leading provider of PPE and MRO products and services as well as one of the energy sector’s most experienced, qualified suppliers. Available globally, our extensive product range is backed by in-house expertise that adds value and ensures our clients’ Offshore teams and assets are protected at all times.
Discover more at www.gibbgroupltd.com
Gibb is part of Clarksons - the world’s leading provider of integrated maritime services including broking, finance, port services and research. Clarksons is at the heart of global shipping and has an unrivaled reach, expertise, and depth of experience. Clarksons partner with clients across every sector to meet the demands of the world’s rapidly evolving maritime, offshore, trade and energy markets. Building on our unique heritage and harnessing our insights to see further, faster, we work with our clients and communities to create strategies that have a positive impact on the industry and the world around us. Dedicated to excellence, it’s our people that drive success for our clients.
To understand more about Clarksons, visit us at www.clarksons.com Role Summary
We are seeking a Purchase Ledger Controller to join our Great Yarmouth office. This position is a 14-month fixed term contract to provide Maternity cover. The candidate will gain experience working in a key role for the business and will have had previous experience working within a Purchase Ledger or Accounts Payable role.What you’ll be doing
What we’re looking for
- Purchase Ledger maintenance
- Oversee and maintain Setup of Supplier Accounts
- Oversee the Input of purchase ledger invoices and matching to Purchase Orders.
- Resolve queries on invoices and liaising with suppliers.
- Supplier statement reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of Purchase Ledger buying groups.
- Allocation of supplier payments
- Reconcile Company Credit Cards and input into accounting software.
- Oversee PayPal / Proforma Accounts
- Supplier returns and credit note reporting.
- Prepare Monthly payment runs, and settlement runs.
- Prepare Weekly Foreign Payment Runs
- Process Payment for Staff Expenses
- Monthly Petty Cash Reconciliation and posting into the accounting software.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to resolve ad hoc queries regarding accounting procedures.
- General administrative and office support.
- Additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
We invite applications from candidates who can demonstrate:
- Drive and self-motivation, with the desire and commitment to succeed, deliver excellence and make positive change;
- Relationship building, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build rapport;
- Collaboration, able to work well with others across diverse backgrounds to share information, develop skills, and deliver results;
- Resilience with the ability to persist and adapt;
- Smart problem-solving and analytical abilities, with a curious and inquisitive mind, and an openness to new ideas;
- Professional integrity and a respect for company values.
- Previous accounting experience
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Good numeracy and problem-solving skills
- Organised and able to use own initiative
- Dedicated, self-motivated and hard working
- Good communication skills
- Good administrative skills
- Enthusiastic and positive outlook
- AAT/equivalent accounts training
- MS office skills (excel - intermediate)
- Experience of using an integrated accounting and stock package