Research Analyst (Mandarin-speaking)
International Investment Fund
Salary based on experience plus excellent company bens
VWA is recruiting for a highly entrepreneurial, successful and reputable investment fund; based in Mayfair, this is a firm with global reach and a strong presence. Our client is now seeking to add to the London-based Research team, to take on a highly stimulating Research Analyst opportunity. Applicants must be fluent in English and Mandarin.
Kindly note that this opportunity is not a fast-track to an Investment Professional role.
The Research Analyst Role:
This Research Analyst position will sit under a Director and work in a small team; the role will offer much interaction internally and with contacts externally across the globe. The research-focused tasks will be broad and include:
- Receiving a multitude of different research tasks in relation to market areas, politics and geographical locations.
- Juggling concurrent research projects with the ability to prioritise and work to sometimes tight deadlines.
- Internal communications with stakeholders across different business areas.
- External communications with consultants, experts, research providers and managing these relationships.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Fluent English and Mandarin
- Applicants will ideally be of degree-calibre from a top university
- Several years' experience in business consulting research, financial journalism, or another financial services company with demonstrable skills, and a keen interest, in research.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills when handling data
- Curiosity and adaptability to take on breadth of research tasks
- Relationship management skills
- Resilience and creativity
- Managing workload effectively during periods of intensity
- A keen interest and demonstrable understanding of financial markets
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- A unique opportunity to join a prestigious company and work within a friendly, high-achieving and supportive group of individuals.
- Core hours for the role are 9am - 6pm and will require flexibility to work towards tight deadlines which may fall outside of core hours.
- Salary will be based on experience plus a discretionary bonus and excellent company benefits.
- Hybrid working (Tuesdays and Wednesdays required to be office-based).
If you are experienced in research and want to work with a close-knit team where you can add value from day one, please apply today!