We’re now looking for a motivated Employee Benefits Consultant, to join us here at the Jensten Group. This is a brand new role- as we’re now in the position to offer an Employee Benefits proposition- which you will start, lead and grow (with plenty to start off from within the Group!). Reporting to the Regional Managing Director for the Midlands, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients and provide them with a full range of consulting services for health insurance, income protection, and other Insurance/ Group benefits. As you’ll be leading in this area- you will have the opportunity to mould and shape the role, making this a fantastic opportunity for you to continue developing your experience and skills. We’re flexible with remote/ hybrid working options (2 from home, 3 in the office). Some key objectives & responsibilities will include:
- Manage relationships with clients to ensure high levels of customer service
- Build strong relationships with clients and brokers to ensure effective communication and cooperation in the management of client benefits programs
- Analyse client benefits programs to identify areas for improvement and cost savings, and opportunities
- Provide advice and guidance to clients on benefits program design and implementation
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of employee benefits industry trends and best practices
- To ensure compliance with local procedures, customer service standards and external compliance regulations, e.g. FCA
As our Employee Benefits Consultant, you’ll have excellent communication and written skills with a keen eye for detail. You will be the type of person who is passionate about new business and growing the book/ client base- constantly looking to secure opportunities and leads- and building relationships. There’s a fantastic commission structure in place as well as a very competitive salary- so you will be rewarded handsomely for all of your hard work! You can expect fantastic career progression, training & development within the role and Insurance Industry in general. You will also be or have:
Rewards & Benefits
- Employee Benefits background
- A proven track record of winning new business and maintaining a client base
- Relevant qualifications (e.g Cert CII) or working towards (ideally)
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent telephone manner, being able to network & build working relationships easily
- Drive and genuine passion to learn and develop within Insurance
- Worked in a similar role previously, with experience of working with Insurers and clients
- Able to use initiative and can multi-task, updating relevant systems and admin
- Acturis systems knowledge & experience (ideally)
When you join us, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits which include:
- Competitive salary with an annual pay review and bonus scheme.
- Flexibility with Hybrid working options (3 in the office and 2 from home once settled in)
- 27 days annual leave (includes a day off for your birthday and another for a religious holiday of your choice) + bank holidays
- Auto enrolment into our excellent pension scheme (5% employer matched contribution)
- Flex-benefits- A range of flexible benefits to choose from, that are most important to you
- Group Life Assurance cover- a massive X4 of salary
- 3 months Maternity, Paternity & Adoption leave all fully paid
- Professional qualification study support relevant to your role and career
- Perks at work- amazing discounts on cinema tickets, meals out, luxury items etc.
- Holiday purchase scheme- up to 5 days annually
Launched in 2018 Jensten is one of the UK's largest independent broking groups. Growing organically and through strategic acquisition we now place over £400m GWP into the market via our retail insurance broking, Lloyd's and London Market broking, and specialist underwriting arms.
We fill the void in the market between a consolidator and a provincial broker. We have the scale, ambition and expertise to stand out, but the people, culture and entrepreneurial DNA to maintain our client focus. Which is why we are not just one of the leading independent broking groups, we are one of the most exciting too.
And that is why you should join us!
Our goal is to have people in our Group that enjoy being part of one team with the shared commitment to delivering insurance distribution excellence. A big part of how we do this is by listening and then acting on what we hear. Our EVP work is key to maintaining and enhancing our culture and making Jensten Group a fantastic place to work, learn and grow.