Global Organisation seeks a Systems Accountant to
join their business on a permanent basis. The Systems Accountant
role would suit an individual looking to develop their career in a unique and progressive environment. Reporting to the Financial Controller and Finance Director, the position will be part of the UK shared services.
This Organisation has recently gone live with Dynamics 365 Business Central
and as such, advanced Dynamics 365 is a prerequisite to be able to deliver the full requirements of this role. The role will involve working closely with several functions and will also involve business partnering with various business functions and project management teams. Duties of the Systems Accountant would include:
Requirements for the Systems Accountant include:
- The role will involve working closely with several finance functions and will also involve business partnering with various business functions and project management teams.
- Ability to build rapport and trust with non-finance stakeholders.
- Experience and detailed know-how of Dynamics is a prerequisite, as this role will provide support to the rest of the team in how Dynamics is currently used and how best to use it in the future.
- Analysing and reviewing budgets and forecasts and challenging stakeholders where necessary.
- Assisting with monthly reconciliations and reporting as required.
- KPI analysis as required.
- Assisting with year-end reporting requirements and preparation for the annual audit of the company as required.
- Preparation of management information and project controls.
- Management accounting support with day-to-day activities.
- Enhance the depth and quality of information being shared with the business using Power BI.
- A recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a professional services business.
- Detailed and extensive knowledge of Dynamics.
- Good understanding of accounting flows within an ERP system.
- Good understanding of project orientated businesses and the financial treatment around revenue recognition, project costs and WIP.
- Contribute to and lead, where necessary, on the development of systems, control processes and risk management arrangements that comply with both internal and external governance and best practice requirements.
- Constantly review financial operations to ensure that appropriate accounting processes are being correctly followed.
- Recommend and implement changes to processes where appropriate.
- Produce financial and management information on an ad-hoc basis.
- Highlight any areas of unmanaged risk or unique risks that are not otherwise addressed in the finance function.
- Understand the purchase ledger and sales ledger processes from purchase posting, requesting approvals, invoice production to credit control. Be able to assist with the processes as and when required.
- To be an effective member of the finance team; providing assistance and support to the Financial Controller and Senior Management and the Board by ensuring a 'business partnering' attitude is maintained.
Benefits include hybrid working, pension and bonus.