Financial Accountant (Graduate) This is a not to be missed opportunity to get some hands-on corporate experience and advance your accounting career in an exciting and rapidly changing listed company while we support your path to becoming a Chartered Accountant. About Spark As New Zealand's largest telecommunications and digital services company, Spark's purpose is to help all of New Zealand win big in a digital world. We provide mobile, broadband, and digital services to millions of New Zealanders and thousands of New Zealand businesses. We operate in an exciting and constantly evolving industry, where the pace of change brings new and unique challenges every day, so we operate using Agile ways of working to allow us to meet the fast-changing needs of our customers. Agile replaces the traditional hierarchical organisational structure to produce a transparent, collaborative environment with highly productive teams who are empowered to deliver better outcomes for our customers, communities, and all of New Zealand. About the Role and Team: This role is within our Wellington based Group Accounting team who, together with the usual day to day and month-end tasks, are responsible for Spark's external reporting, treasury accounting, auditor liaison, setting of Group Accounting policies and advising the business on the financial reporting impact of the cool and varied stuff they want to do. As a Graduate Financial Accountant, you will be a key member of the team, working across several different areas, including; assisting with month end, reconciliations, preparation of financial statements, supporting process improvement initiatives, and various other tasks to ensure the Group Accounting team provides accurate and timely reporting to key stakeholders. The experience you'll bring: We'd be keen to talk to you if:
· You will have an accounting degree and recently graduated/ are graduating shortly
· You will have started, or intend to start, your journey to becoming a Chartered Accountant (we will support you with this or an equivalent qualification)
· You will be driven, a team player, have a basic understanding of NZ IFRS, good attention to detail, strong excel skills, and excellent communication skills (data skills/qualifications would be a bonus)
· High degree of flexibility and ability to prioritise tasks
WHY CHOOSE US: Diversity and Inclusion: Te Kanorau me te Whakawhāiti mai At Spark, we are constantly looking for ways to build a more inclusive culture. Our vision is for diversity and inclusion to be “how things are done at Spark”, embedded into our day-to-day activities, standards, and business practices. We want you to feel totally comfortable bringing your whole self to work regardless of your gender, ethnicity, orientation, age, or ability. Sustainability: Toitū Sustainability is a key focus for us. We are dedicated to supporting Aotearoa New Zealand's recovery and economic transformation. The principle of equity is at the very heart of our approach, and we remain committed to working in partnership to make a positive contribution to digital equity in line with our focus on Diversity and Inclusion. Benefits: Awhina Our people matter and we make sure we look after them. As a valued employee of Spark, we've got our people covered with a range of leading benefits including:
· Wellbeing - Comprehensive medical insurance, life and income protection. Access to wellbeing coaches, EAP and in-house Specialist Clinical support through our leading Mahi Tahi Wellness programme.
· Hybrid ways of working - for most teams at Spark this means being in the office for 3 days a week, and 2 days being flexible.
· Leave - in addition to four weeks annual leave, we offer purchased leave, enhanced parental leave payments & support, and study leave.
· Spark Credit - We provide permanent employees with $120 monthly Spark credit to use on any of our amazing products.
· Spark Share scheme - periodically we offer the opportunity to buy into our share scheme.
· Career development - access to an internal marketplace that connects employees with experiential, on the job learning across Spark.
Due to the nature and urgency of this role, we are only considering applicants that are based in New Zealand with permanent residency, citizenship, or a valid work visa (with at least 18 months remaining). If this sounds like you, apply to join us in a varied and challenging role in an exciting and constantly changing environment.