Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB) is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking that best suit our customers' needs.
The Premier proposition is a strategic priority for HSBC and the role of Sr. Premier Service Manager is a key supporting role in the achievement of the proposition objectives.
This role is a part of the Premier relationship team and a key relationship support role created to provide an outstanding customer experience to the valuable Premier clients and increase Top Tier Relationship Manager's (TTRM's) client facing time. The role provides dedicated support to a team of Premier Relationship Managers (TTRM) in the overall achievement of their income plans (covering acquisition, cross sales, retention, and growth of their portfolios) and day to day contact with their clients in the delivery of the proposition objectives.
In order to deliver client centric service, this role is identified as a point of contact for clients and in the absence of the TTRM, this role will be the first point of contact for the client. In addition, the Sr. Premier Service Managermay provide credit/lending support to the TTRM if dictated by market requirements. Building an ongoing relationship based on value and service is critical to being successful in this role.
In order to deliver a high quality service to our highest value personal clients the role holder will need to demonstrate an extensive knowledge of banking products and services across wealth and retail.
- Assist the Top Tier RM's to achieve the AOP sales targets
- Manage the Service Proposition for the Premier customers
- Manage all processing in relation to the Wealth Management System.
- Ensure audit & compliance while processing customer requests
- Manage all back-office functioning in relation to Premier Clients.
- Assist in creating and maintaining the Premier centre environment where the team maximises performance & provides highest quality service in line with the Target Operating Model (TOM) as defined by Group.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Assist the TTRM's in maintaining the required contact frequency with customers
- Conduct Customer Focused Discussions
Customers / Stakeholders
- Assist the TTRM in organizing events as and when required.
- Refer the attrition cases to TTRM immediately
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to manage Premier TAT / customer expectations
Leadership & Teamwork
- Manage the desk (including required contact activity) in the absence of the TTRM
- Act as a guide to other teams on matters related to operations and service
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Zero discrepancies on documentation for new Liability & Wealth accounts.
- Ensure 100% accuracy on all KYC and Non KYC documentation and processing of customer instructions
- Ensure all entries captured on WMS are error free and that the entries are reconciled everyday.
- Achieve the operational standards for the business and work within agreed procedures and guidelines - displaying high levels of integrity at all times
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section B.1.2 of the Group Operations FIM.
- Minimum concurrent audit comments and NIL reminders
- Ensure NIL frauds for any cases sourced /handled by the branch.
- Comply with the applicable laws, regulations, Group and local guidelines related to Sanctions and AML policy of HSBC while undertaking various day to day operations
- Remain alert and promptly report to the Sanctions Officer/ INM FCC office/ Line manager ( As applicable and required by the AML and sanction Policy) if a customer is found to be engaging in sanction evasion activities or violations of AML policy or any other related procedures.
- Understand the legal responsibility to be vigilant for unusual activity and reporting of the unusual activities
- Support the Country or Regional FCC AML Office/ AML Investigations by providing additional information when required
- Responsible for attending and successfully completing the AML and Sanctions related assigned training in the mandated timeframe
- Understanding the consequences of failing to attend or successfully complete the training as mandated by the AML Education Lead FCC;
- Requesting additional AML training that you deem necessary or appropriate to perform your jobs through your entity manager
- Demonstrate an understanding of PEP acceptance, prohibition, CDD & EDD guidelines in order to ensure that the INM RBWM is fully compliant with the PEP LoBP.
- Understand the relatively high reputational risk that arises from any perceived weaknesses in controls in respect of substantial cash deposits or withdrawals activity, wire transfer, monetary instruments and pouch and mail
- To be aware and Identify high risk indicators for various products and Services offered by INM RBWM example Cash, insurance, credit cards products etc
- Ensure that all records are obtained in respect of INM RBWM customers or New to bank customer for any products and services provided by HSBC are as per the process laid down.
- Must ensure that the prescribed process is being followed while dealing with non HSBC customers request for monetary instruments and wire transfers
- Ensure Adherence to the regulatory guidelines and internal AML & Sanction Policy of HSBC, which includes pouch and mail, monetary instruments, cash services and payment transparency Line of Business Procedures
- To be aware of AML risk posed by pouch and mail, Monetary instruments, cash services and wire transfer services and should undergo the mandatory training for the same
- Necessary remediation steps needs to be undertaken in case if there is any breach or non-adherence to the policy laid down in the LoBP
- Must undertake necessary due diligence to ensure that the nature of the transaction is in sync with the customer profile , else raise it to line manager for further clarification
- The staff must be aware of the scope of services of various products and services that are offered and those which are prohibited because of the guidelines laid down in the line of Business procedures and must ensure the same is communicated to customer in a effective and polite manner
- Ensure adequate due diligence is undertaken by the Individual/team to ensure that the nature of the various transactions of wire transfer, cash services, monetary instruments are in sync with customer profile
Local Job Requirements
- Portfolio Size of Total Relationship Value of USD 1M or more per customer.
- The GCB 6 sr PSM will be managing customers with a Total Relationship Value of more than 6CR's which can extend to beyond 100 Cr's
The principal regulations under which the jobholder operates include the BIM, FIM and local regulations issued from time to time by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) and the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). The job is that of a banking and service specialist. He/she will be responsible for setting up regular customer meetings and for identifying customer needs and recommend appropriate product to customer/ lead to PRM. He/she is expected to be an excellent team player and has effective selling skills. He/She is extremely patient, calm and has good communication and skills.
- 3+ years' experience
- Has exceptional and updated knowledge of Banking products, systems and processes.
- Is well organized and depicts professional image
- Displays extra-ordinary Business focus and customer orientation and provides exemplary service
- Is self-motivated and has the drive to overachieve on goals and targets set out
- Displays close bonding with immediate team members and skillful association with support group colleagues
- Attain appropriate professional and regulatory qualifications as required by market.
- Attain any internal standards as required by country
- Minimum Graduation or as required for the role, whichever is higher
- Mandatory to successfully complete Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions training and post-course assessment, as required.
Link to Careers Site: Click HERE
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India