Our client is looking to replace a leaver in their busy finance team.
This is a fantastic new opportunity for you to join the Finance department. You will be part of a dynamic, friendly team, who are looking for someone who is a team player, IT literate, organised, pays attention to detail, has an ability to prioritise your workload and has good communication skills.
Your responsibilities include:
- Work with the Head of Management Accounts to develop and streamline the sales invoicing process and analyse contract variances.
- Manage daily processes across the department, oversee staff who are running the processes and motivate the team.
- Working closely with the team, exposing credit limits & business risks.
- Raising invoices and credits for the services under direct responsibility.
- Intercompany accounts reconciliations on a regular basis.
- Monitor existing procedures with a view to implementing new processes to improve clients' experience.
- Attend regular meetings with the Head of Management Accounts and the Financial Controller to highlight any potential bad debts and take steps to mitigate the risk of write-offs.
- Produce analysis and performance reports to the Senior Management Team.
- Liaise professionally with local authorities / third parties as required to resolve any queries relating to contracts.
- Liaise with operational managers and external sources where necessary to ensure that sales data is received promptly and is interpreted accurately, and also in resolving any outstanding debts in a timely manner.
- Assist the Management Accountant with monthly income accrual/deferred income journal.
- Lead as the representative of finance on a new integrated system which will hold data for invoicing, contract billing terms and values for transfer to the finance general ledger.
- Support and assist with various project work including analysis and modelling as required.
Skills and attributes:
- Experience of managing and developing teams
- Experience of sales invoicing and managing credit control
- Experience of managing the credit control process
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills
- IT skills-proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including word and excel
- Good analytical skills
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.