Motus Aftermarket Parts
is searching for an Accountant
to join the team in Meadowview Head Office
A successful candidate will be accountable for the administrative and financial management operations of the division of MAP Head Office, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. Maintain company leases in accordance with IFRS16. Provide support to branches and area staff on financial matters and thereafter generate and review management accounts. Also ensures that a branch policies, controls and guidelines comply with company procedures. Prepare and review annual budgets and ensure compliance thereafter. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BCom or BCom Honors degree
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a medium-large corporation.
- IFRS 16 experience is essential.
- Experience in partnering with an executive team
Key Accountabilities: Operations
- Must have actively managed and assisted staff.
- Must be able to work independently and alongside the teams.
- Financial acumen.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Organizational skills, computer literacy with experience in word processing and accounting programs.
- Administrative, Analytical, Managerial.
- Manage the Group's current/historical/future leases. Aligns the lease accounting with IFRS16 standards. Calculates and processes monthly lease journals. Maintains the lease register (Management Tool - Cradle) for the Group.
- Manage the group's monthly payroll journal process.
- Maintain relations with all MAP Head Office branch accountants.
- Ensure the necessary controls and procedures are implemented to ensure accurate MAP Head Office financial/management accounts.
- Oversee branch MAP Head Office day end processes, ensuring compliance with the BSOP.
- Investigate and clear difference and variances on leases, payroll and any other accounts assigned.
- Implement necessary resourcing and training, ensuring the MAP Head Office finance department is sufficiently resourced to ensure accurate and timeous reporting of financial results.
- Succession planning within the MAP Head Office finance team.
- Oversee external audit processes relating to MAP IFRS16, payroll and any other accounts assigned.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Issue accurate MAP Head Office management accounts monthly within agreed reporting timelines.
- Report financial results to the Financial Manager
- Prepare monthly balance sheet recons, ensuring reported information is accurate and complete for assigned accounts.
- Assist and input the MAP Head Office budget process.
- Prepare month end reporting packs - NAPA pack (monthly), tax pack (Once a year)
- Prepare month end reporting packs for intergroup revenue eliminations.
- Perform deferred tax and provisional tax calculations for NAPA and any other entities assigned.
- Prepare financial statements.
- External Audit.
- Internal Audit
Working Conditions: Will work in an office environment based at the head office.
Further POPIA details will be outlined in the contract of the successful candidate.Equity StatementAt Motus we are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goal.Please note that candidates not contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date must consider their applications as unsuccessful.