Assisting with the accounting and financial functions of South Africa businesses. Responsible for assisting with all processes related to accounting, closing the books, financial reporting. Support internal and external audit. Responsible for the maintenance of the costing system, including analysis of real costs. Incumbent is responsible assisting with evaluating enterprise results in terms of costs, budgets and trends. Responsible for assisting in the implementation and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures for the Global Division and locally, as required. Working with the Financial Controller at this location, the incumbent is assisting with the internal control environment and ensuring appropriate controls are functioning at all times. This person partners with the Financial Controller of South Africa to drive financial policies and controls.Qualifications (Required):
Additional Qualifications (Required):
- BCompt/ Cima Management Level completed
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a Financial accountant in an Manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical ability to interpret financial information
- Implementation and interpreting of Costing Models
- Strong technical skills with regards to an ERP system
- Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel/Macros
- Knowledge of Lean, ISO, Six Sigma manufacturing techniques
- Attention to detail and quality in work
- Responsible for Trade receivable.
- Oversee Local and Foreign Trade Payables
- Cashbook Management and Bank Reconciliations including Credit cards.
- Foreign Currency Management (Payments, receipts & fluctuations)
- Process Intercompany Transactions including GIT.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.
- Analyse GL variance accounts and adjust costs where necessary.
- Responsible for all Balance Sheet Reconciliations. Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Responsible for all Warranty Claims, Normal Claims as well as Inventory returns. Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel.
- Fixed Asset Management - Including the Fixed asset register, CAPEX forms, financial depreciation and Wear and Tear.
- Assisting in month-end and year-end closing
- Assist during External & Internal Audit
- Assist with the Annual Budget process.
- Assist with maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Plan, assign and review staff's work.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
- Assist with analyzing of financial information and summarize financial status.
- Financial accountant Manufacturing environment
- interpret financial information
- strong ERP systems exp