Mā te kahukura ka rere te manu I With wings a bird will fly
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world.
Kei a koe te mana I The choice is yours
As our Manager in Christchurch you'll provide outstanding service to our chosen markets and as a consequence provide stimulating careers for our people and a competitive return for our partners.
Working within Assurance, the Audit Manager has responsibility for the work of the Audit staff to help achieve our goal.
- Assume leadership role on audit engagements, providing advice and guidance to less experienced staff, ensuring expectations are clearly communicated and set standards for staff
- Maintain staff utilisation and effective use of resources, prioritising workloads and deliverables
- Review work done by less experienced staff, providing constructive feedback and suggesting practical and technically correct solutions towards issue resolution
- Perform complex analysis of issues or problems, interpreting results and providing recommendations in the decision-making process
- Participate in quality assurance reviews and ensure appropriate quality and risk management processes are followed
- Facilitate meetings and small discussion groups, ensuring team members understand their role, are well prepared and outcomes communicated on a timely basis
- Assist staff in identifying development needs and actions plans and assist in the resolution of interpersonal issues
- Promote knowledge of audit technology to be able to support team and enhance use of tools and knowledge resources.
Ō Pūmanawa I What we're looking for
Here's our 'wish list' but don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes. We're interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go.
- Bachelors degree minimum tertiary qualification
- Completed professional qualifications in accounting (CA or acceptable international equivalent)
- Approximately 7 years practical assurance experience with a recognised CA firm
- Highly developed audit technical skills and knowledge of audit methodology and audit documentation standards
- Highly developed engagement management skills, in particular time management and communication skills
- Demonstrable experience in management and leadership, utilising strong interpersonal skills and effectively managing a team
Kuhu mai ki a EY I Come, be a part of EY
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/nz/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/nz/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/nz/diversity-inclusiveness
- Understand how our benefits can support you at www.ey.com/nz/benefits