My client is a husband & wife team who have drive, passion and a high work ethic which has helped them build an enviable business that now requires a CFO to be an integral member of the team to take them to the next level. The business uses the services of an external CA when required but due to the size & scale of the entities now, this is really a greenfields opportunity to bring further finance discipline to ensure the business is being run optimally. This is a very down to earth family business and certainly requires someone that can become "one of the family".The Role
The CFO role will report to the owners. You will need to be someone who is happy to roll up the sleeves but at the same time, we are looking for a CFO who can bring the bigger picture of financial stewardship to this business. You will be able to create your role to a degree but some of the core responsibilities will include:
Skills & Experience
- Manage the Finance team of 3-4 staff which includes the Financial Controller who will own the day to day accounting function
- Implement and manage a debt/equity strategy & work thereon
- Develop & implement ESG reporting
- Manage the banking relationships and associated covenant reporting requirements
- Develop full cashflow modelling and maintain
- Develop full budgeting & forecasting processes
- Develop capex review policies and manage the annual capex program
- Manage and develop standard operating procedures across the business
- Provide oversight on HR and legal /compliance issues and manage any external relationships as and when required
- Manage the systems and reporting framework of the business , noting the accounting system will need an upgrade in the foreseeable future
- Manage the Annual statutory reporting requirements, audit & tax position of the business
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the business, including any acquisitions, disposals and inter-generational planning
- Provide leadership and financial stewardship to this family business.
To be considered for this role, we are seeking a Qualified Accountant who is an experienced CFO. The culture fit is paramount. The office environment has circa 10 people in daily with the rest of the staff out in the operations. This is an environment where people are down to earth, passionate and hardworking. You will need to be:
- someone that truly wants to walk the talk - you need to be a doer!
- be practical in your outlook and you truly need to be someone that wants to make a difference.
- Have strong process improvement and implantation skills
- Have demonstrated strong leadership capability
- Be willing to roll up the sleeves with those around you - you cannot be precious in this environment;
- Strong family values where everyone is as important as one another
- Strong commercial and analytical thinking where you can demonstrate an ability to forward plan, drive a business and intellectually challenge the thinking in a relaxed but practical way.
This is not just a job - it's a place where you can belong if you bring the right attributes and abilities.How to apply
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word
format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.Job Reference No:
By clicking 'apply', you give your express consent that Robert Half may use your personal information to process your job application and to contact you from time to time for future employment opportunities. For further information on how Robert Half processes your personal information and how to access and correct your information, please read the Robert Half privacy notice: https://www.roberthalf.co.nz/privacy-statement. Please do not submit any sensitive personal data to us in your resume (such as government ID numbers, ethnicity, gender, religion, marital status or trade union membership) as we do not collect your sensitive personal data at this time.