My client is a privately held NZ business that has been operating since 1947. With a proud history, this business has scale with significant operations across Australia and NZ. The business employs in excess of 600 staff and is well regarded in their space. The business is customer focused with solutions that really benefit it's end customers. The finance team is circa 20 people. An internal Audit function was created 12 months ago and is growing due to its value add to the business. This is the third member of the IA team.The Role
The role of Internal Auditor will report to the Internal Audit Manager. There is a team mate based in Sydney and this role is the missing link in the team. You will work together across both NZ and Australia in this role. Your key responsibilities will include:
Skills & Experience
- Assisting in planning the audit
- Performing audit fieldwork
- Completing audit work papers
- Identifying audit issues & recommendations ensuring issues are relevant & practical add value
- Reporting & monitoring results; ensuring documentation is complete
- Monitoring agreed audit recommendations to ensure they are implemented.
- Participating in feasibility studies, modelling & implementation of future business development proposals
- Participating in special project teams that have been established to identify & resolve business problems including re-engineering of business processes
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for the following attributes:
- Experience with internal audit
- Proven ability to audit a full business process (vs parts)
- Proven ability to ran an engagement end to end.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Some experience with inventory or manufacturing business processes would be beneficial
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to document process flows
- Having a qualification (or pursuing) related to internal audit -eg, CIA or CA
- Loads of initiative and an enquiring mind.
- A proven ability to multi-tasks
As you will be embedded in the business operations, this role is based 5 days in the office. The company has plenty of parking on site and is a down to earth culture. How to apply
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word
format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander, Tanya Beets, Nick Neutze or Ryan Robson in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.Job Reference No:
By clicking 'apply', you give your express consent that Robert Half may use your personal information to process your job application and to contact you from time to time for future employment opportunities. For further information on how Robert Half processes your personal information and how to access and correct your information, please read the Robert Half privacy notice: https://www.roberthalf.co.nz/privacy-statement. Please do not submit any sensitive personal data to us in your resume (such as government ID numbers, ethnicity, gender, religion, marital status or trade union membership) as we do not collect your sensitive personal data at this time.