Your new company
Hays are delighted to be supporting a high growth SME manufacturing organisation to the South West of Birmingham, who are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant with Cost Accounting experience. The ideal candidate will have a background within manufacturing and experience of preparing standard costings, bill of materials and variable cost planning. This would suit someone qualified by experience or part-qualified.
Your new role
- Updating and reconciling financial ledgers
- Collect cost information and maintain an expenses database
- Plan and record variable costs
- Establishing the standard costs of services or products
- Prepare budgeting reports (for the company and for each department)
- Analyse and report profit margins
- Prepare (monthly, quarterly, and annual) cost report and variance against budget
- Assisting in month-end and year-end closing
- Assist with financial audits
- VAT preparation, reconciliation, and submission
- Updating the standard costs of products and services based on the associated expenses
- Creating or updating cost build up in Bill of Materials
- Working with operations in measuring efficiency both in financial and non-financial terms
- Analysing organisational data and assessing rates of labour, depreciation and overhead to recommend policy amendments that will improve numbers
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Cost Accounting experience
- Manufacturing experience
What you\'ll get in return
This is a superb opportunity to join a high-growth SME manufacturing organisation with an annual salary of up to £40000, flexible working hours and free on-site parking.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.