Assistant: Financial Accountant (Pretoria North)
To manage fixed assets, contracts, travel administration and ensure the correct processing and accounting for financial information. Oversee and manage the creditors and debtors' functions whilst performing key control account reconciliations and other reconciliations in compliance with policies and procedures.
Main Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Responsible to review all supporting documentation relating to fixed asset activities to ensure correctness of the fixed asset register.
- Ensure the cost and accumulated depreciation per asset category agrees to the General Ledger with all reconciling items cleared monthly.
- Prepare monthly schedules and reconciliations relating to fixed assets to ensure accuracy in the General Ledger.
- Responsible to prepare the Capital Expenditure Schedule to measure budgeted costs against the actual costs incurred in order to determine any possible overruns and budget compliance.
- Prepare month end journals to ensure correct reflection of accounts in the General ledger.
- Prepare monthly schedules and reconciliations relating to debtors, creditors and balance sheet to ensure accuracy in the General Ledger.
- Supervise and review the reconciliation of individual creditor's accounts and the control accounts to ensure accuracy in the General Ledger.
- Ensure that the accrual control account reconciles to the sub-ledger and that no accruals are older than 30 days.
- Maintain the creditors accrual listing for unrecorded liabilities and identify a complete list of unrecorded liabilities.
- Prepare the monthly revaluation of foreign debtors and creditors to ensure compliance with accounting standards.
- Manage, lead, supervise and train staff members to ensure that high quality standards are adhered to.
- Responsible to manage the debtor's functions relating to invoices and statements to ensure timeous recovery and correct reflection in the General Ledger.
- Comply with applicable legislation, organisation policies, standards and laid down procedures, including control procedures aimed at mitigating [URL Removed] preferred candidate is likely to have:
- BCom degree in Accounting or similar relevant degree
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in accounting with at least 1-year supervisory experienceKnowledge and Skills:
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register and Tax Fixed Asset Accounting Register
- Monthly and year end working paper file on fixed assets accounting and tax values
- Fixed Asset verification
- Capitalisation of Fixed Assets (IFRS)
- Disposal of Fixed Assets
- Management of Capital Expenditure Projects
- Transfer of Fixed Assets
- Impairment Assessments
- Monthly Depreciation
- Asset Useful Life
- Credit Control and Accounts Payable, as well as vendor reconciliations
Send Applications (with ID and Qualifications) to [Email Address Removed] Desired Skills:
Desired Work Experience:
- General Ledger
- Fixed Assets
- Financial Reporting
- Ledger Accounting
Desired Qualification Level:
- 5 to 10 years Financial / Project Accounting