The people of Porirua City are what makes ours a truly special place - we take pleasure in helping and caring for each other. We want everyone to feel welcome here, whether they're visiting, living or working here. We're looking for people who will help position our city as a welcoming, dynamic place to live, work and visit.All about the job
This is a fabulous opportunity for an experienced finance business partner to work alongside our diverse business groups at Council. You will provide strategic and technical advice on a wide range of activities relating to Council's financial planning and reporting activities.
Your key responsibilities include:
All about you
- providing trusted, insightful and comprehensive financial advice and support to General Managers and their leadership teams
- providing analysis and options to inform business decisions
- assessing investment decisions for business cases, risks and opportunities and supporting post investment reviews
- ensuring regular financial reports are prepared for the executive leadership team, council, and managers
- providing strategic insight and advice, including core financial and non-financial information to influence the financial decision-making process and empower managers to make decisions
- fostering excellent working relationships with stakeholders across Council business units
- collaborating with business groups across the Council to provide subject matter expertise for the implementation of projects that improve and accelerate critical business processes
- leading the implementation of new reporting systems
It would be fabulous if you have experience working in a complex financial environment as well as local or central government experience.
You'll need to show us that you:
All about Porirua City
- hold a CAANZ recognised Chartered Accountant qualification
- have experience in management reporting within large, complex and diverse organisations
- have excellent accounting and finance knowledge and can provide leadership to projects developing finance systems and processes
- have excellent interpersonal skills and can foster meaningful working relationships
- have advanced excel skills
- have strong analytical, strategic and planning skills as well as being commercially savvy
- demonstrated ability to transform data into key insights
- enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and thrive on achieving outcomes.
Our city is changing and we need skilled people to help make that happen. Working for Porirua City is an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the community. You'll be welcomed into a team that's collaborative, values input and empowers you to make things happen. To top it off, the harbour and bush are at your doorstep; it's the perfect place to work.
To find out more about working for Porirua City Watch this videoWhat you need to do now
Come and join our dynamic Finance team and be part of our welcoming and engaging environment. Please contact Lizzie To on 021 196 7470 for more information.
Porirua City Council is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements during our recruitment process, please let us know when you apply, and we'll do our best to get you sorted.
Applications need to be received via our Careers Portal by Wednesday 6 December 2023.
We will be working through applications as they are submitted and may progress candidates prior to the closing date, so apply now!
Position description Apply now Share