The Menil Collection
Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Status: Full-time; exempt from overtime
Work location: Onsite
Working under the supervision of the Controller, the Senior Accountant prepares journal entries, reconciles financial statements and accounts, and ensures data accuracy and integrity.
- Prepare monthly departmental reports, provide ongoing variance analysis, and resolve related issues. Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Assist with maintaining and updating all bank and investment accounts’ activities schedules, cash flow reports, and reconciliation for all bank accounts.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the fixed assets and depreciation schedules.
- Prepare accounts receivable entries and maintain sub-ledger. Prepare and record Menil-issued invoices and reconcile receivable balances.
- Review and post daily contribution batches from Raiser’s Edge to the general ledger. Assist in maintaining outstanding pledge records and reconcile the Advancement Department’s records to the general ledger.
- Record other cash receipts, disbursements, and other financial activity in the general ledger.
- Assist in preparing stock gift forms along with stock information, calculate the cost, and notify the investment custodian when received.
- Prepare U.S. Census Bureau reports and file electronically.
- Maintain journal entry files for the Menil Foundation, Inc..
- Prepare worksheets for and assist Bookstore Manager in year-end inventory. Process adjustments as needed.
- Review monthly real estate reports and prepare journal entries to record activities. Prepare accrual entries as needed to ensure timely reporting. Reconcile all accounts monthly.
- Prepare schedules for art collection reconciliation with museum TMS records semi-annually.
- Prepare schedules for the year-end tax returns and audit schedules as assigned.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of GAAP and full-cycle accounting. 3-5 years of general ledger accounting with specific experience in financial reporting preferred. Fund accounting and/or Not-for-Profit accounting preferred. Proficiency using Microsoft Office software, especially intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with a focus in Accounting or Finance. CPA or working towards CPA preferred. Strong organizational and process skills. Ability to manage multiple responsibilities by organizing and prioritizing work to meet required deadlines.
- Proven ability to make sound judgments and demonstrate effective decision-making with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong contributor in team environments, willing to assist with tasks at all levels.
- Adaptable to change and motivated to perform quality work efficiently.
- Ability to uphold confidentiality and exercise discretion with all sensitive matters.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong initiative and work ethic with a willingness to implement continuous quality improvements.
The position comes with a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation and sick time, medical and dental insurance, life insurance, AD&D, and LTD coverage. Employees may also participate in the Menil's 401(k) plan and receive an employer contribution equivalent to 5% of wages earned after one year on the job.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com
The Menil Collection is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. The Menil is committed to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.