• Job title - Ledger Clerk (purchase, sales, credit control)
• Salary - Up to 28k FTE
• Working hours - Part time (25 hours)
• Location - Haslingden
• Job type - Permanent
What we think you’ll love:
• The opportunity to work within a small finance team, where the work you do will be recognised and will add great value to the company.
• The opportunity to work closely with a highly experienced Head of Finance, who will teach you new things and will continue to pass over more responsibility as and when you are ready for it/ it is required.
• This company operate a 1-day per week working from home policy, to achieve balance, but also continuous development.
Your new company:
Our client is a leading leisure and culture charity in with a strategic aim to improve the health and wellbeing of its community. They are a not-for-profit organisation whereby all profits are reinvested into local community services.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is qualified by experience and is seeking a new challenge in a friendly, people orientated organisation, where you can truly add value.
How you’ll spend your time:
- Process and maintain the purchase ledger, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payments
- Verify and reconcile invoices, purchase orders, and delivery notes
- Perform data entry and coding of invoices into the accounting system
- Prepare payment runs and process payments to vendors
- Assist with month-end closing activities related to accounts payable
- Invoice runs at the end of the month
- Deal with a high volume of invoices
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive company pension
• Free leisure membership
• 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Child courses & club discounts
• Family activity sessions
• On-site parking
• Hospitality discounts
• 1-day per week working from home
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including human resources and procurement departments
- Accuracy when raising purchase orders, coding and invoicing
- Experience using SAGE 200 or a similar system
- A background of raising a high volume of invoices
- Work efficiently and quick paced
Our applications are picked up daily and we will be in touch if we feel you are a great match for this role. If we don’t make contact this time, we will keep hold of your CV for 4 weeks after your application and contact you about any other suitable vacancies.
Alternatively, feel free to get in touch and let us tell you a little more about some of the other fab roles we are currently recruiting for!