Accounts Payable Supervisor - Leeds, West Yorkshire Job Type: Permanent
£40,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
Aramark Northern Europe is currently recruiting for a new Accounts Payable-Procure to Pay (P2P) Supervisor, Shared Services
to join our team in Leeds.
Supervisor will be responsible for all UK Group supplier, invoice and AP related functions and reports into the UK Group Finance Controller.
This role new role will be an individual contributor who must be comfortable and perform well in a fast-paced environment. They will have strong attention to detail, be well organised and analytical. This position will need to collaborate frequently with colleagues across all departments and geographies and will require strong interpersonal and communication skills. It is expected that the candidate will drive efficiency and improvement in their area with particular focus on automation, time saving & strengthening control.
The position is a new role with 3 reports and has been created following restructuring in the business in which the function is being moved from Dublin. As such initial responsibilities will be building competence within a newly recruited team and transferring procedures from the Dublin team.
It is envisaged that the role will be a combination of team management in conjunction with being hands on where required. Key
- Assisting in the transition of the AP function from Dublin to Leeds
- Responsible for the entire Purchase to Pay process and management of departmental functions such as supplier process maintenance, Invoice Processing, Payment processing, handling vendor and staff queries, AP related management reporting, corresponding internal controls and smooth sub ledger close.
- Ensure all payments are processed through the system having adhered to the ‘Purchase to Pay’ process
- Closely work with sourcing team and effectively manage the Requisition & PO compliance process
- Assuring root cause analysis (RCAs) of errors and non-compliant invoices (NCIs) have been performed and processes implemented to ensure future non-repeats
- Responsible for the overall performance of the team, providing timely feedback & support to each team member
- Produce weekly / monthly / quarterly key performance Indicators (KPIs) to the various stakeholders and executive management
- Reviewing and analysing current procedures to recommend and implement changes to standardise activities and integrate into shared services
- Identify clear objectives for the team, providing coaching, career development and feedback to team members, providing performance evaluation and reward
- Participate and Lead in cross functional process, system implementation and improvement initiatives
- Lead the maintenance of a strong Controls environment and coordinate responses to internal and external audit queries
- Demonstrated knowledge of a Purchase to Pay environment with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Understanding of double entry book keeping with experience of relevant balance sheet reconciliations
- Excellent people management & leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong partnerships with key stakeholders
- Highly organized, self-starter
- Ability to motivate and drive change
- Strong MS office skills (Excel, Outlook)
- Flexibility in a changing business environment
- Experience of the ERP systems (Oracle) an advantage