Transactions and Purchase Ledger Manager/ Manchester City Centre/ Leading and Growing Organisation/ Excellent Benefits
My industry leading client requires an experienced and ambitious Accounts Payable Manager to join their successful yet continually evolving finance team. Overseeing a (growing) team, you will be responsible for motivating and supporting the department to maximise results and efficiency.
You will require previous experience in a managerial capacity, ideally gained within a fast-paced and transactions focussed environment. The successful candidate will require excellent communication skills to liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
This is a varied and rewarding position that can offer multiple benefits and opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Manage the Accounts Payables team of 7 to ensure efficiency within the department and wider Finance Team.
- Provide; support, mentoring and training to the team, establishing a high-morale culture and enabling team members to develop within their positions and fulfil all responsibilities effectively and accurately.
- Monitor, identify and address training needs through regular 121s and appraisal reviews.
- Coordinate team members holidays and other absences.
- Oversee all daily Accounts Payables tasks including the Balancing Settlement Plan and ensuring all payments are reconciled and allocated bi-weekly.
- Prepare and authorise weekly BACS payment runs, bank transfers and foreign currency settlements.
- Complete Company payment card uploads, reconciliations, and settlements.
- Download, exception invoices and reconcile Company Credit Card Statements to ensure accuracy.
- Allocate supplier payments and complete accurate settlement of supplier invoices.
- Oversee all Intercompany accounts, overhead invoice payments and internal expense claim processes.
- Ensure the accuracy of raised invoices, client credit card charges and payment entries inputted into the accounting systems.
- Review the Company creditor ledger to assess any potential risk and action accordingly.
- Provide MI reporting to the senior Finance Team.
- Nurture, strengthen and promote positive working relationships across internal departments.
- Review departmental staff resourcing needs and manage the recruitment process alongside the Recruitment Team.
- Consistently support and promote process and systems improvements.
- Previous Managerial experience within a busy and high-volume transactions focused Finance Team
- Understanding of and exposure to wider finance processes (Billing, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control)
- High volume transactions exposure and experience.
- Advanced Excel and computerised system skills
- The ability to motivate and develop a team of 7 to deliver excellent results.
- Previous experience of mentoring staff, conducting 121s and appraisals - ensuring required training needs are met.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise department tasks and duties accordingly.
- Pro-active and forward-thinking mentality with problem-solving capabilities and the ability to suggest effective solutions.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to influence decisions.
- A strong awareness and understanding of financial and commercial management with the ability to identify business opportunities.
- Be committed to the continual development of systems and processes to support continual improvement within the Purchase Ledger Team.
- Accountancy Qualifications are highly advantageous, although not essential.
If you have the managerial skills and experience outlined above and are seeking an opportunity to utilise your skills in a new challenge such as this, please call Rosie on for further information and/ or submit your CV for consideration. #NCA1
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome all applicants of identity, personal characteristics, or background.