A growing utilities company is seeking a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their busy finance team of 8. Reporting to the Accounts Supervisor, you will ensure purchase invoices are approved and processed accurately and within a timely manner, as well as maintaining ledger accounts and vendor statement reconciliations. You will also need to liaise effectively with vendors to resolve any invoice/payment queries as well as managing the central purchase ledger email account and occasional ad hoc tasks.
- Previous experience within a Finance Department, ideally within the construction sector
- Understanding of financial accounting systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics
- Ability to organise workload and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft applications especially Excel, Outlook and Teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships across all levels of the business
- Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team
Please note, this role will be based at the companys head office in Enfield 3 days a week (2 days working from home) after the probationary period and once the candidate has settled in.This role is paying up to £30,000 and offers good benefits including 25 days holiday.