is seeking to appoint a Purchase Ledger Assistant.
In return you will receive a competitve salary of £27,000 per annum. Working hours:
This is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday inclusive. Working hours will be 8:30 - 17:00 with an hour unpaid lunch break each day. About the Purchase Ledger Assistant role
As a Purchase Ledger Assistant,
you will work as part of a team to assist with the efficient running of the Purchase Ledger side of the Finance function. You will be the first point of conact for staff and supplier's for expense claims, direct debits and utilities account for the College. General Duties and Responsibilities as our Purchase Ledger Assistant:
Skills and experience required as our Purchase Ledger Assistant:
- Processing of credit card and out of pocket expenses (using Webexpenses).
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Processing invoices and credit notes in line with College procedures with focus on Brighton College subsidiaries (Brighton College International and Brighton College Services).
- Administration of the PL direct debit payments and debit balances.
- Manage outstanding un-authorised invoices, regularly running reports and chasing authorisations.
- Manage and support payment runs and set up ad hoc payments.
- Managing aged creditors and producing aged creditors reports.
- Reconciling supplier statements, ensuring that we have copies of all outstanding invoices.
- Ensure Purchase Ledger mailbox is up to date and actioned.
- Petty cash.
- Any other reasonable management request.
The successful candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- The ability to work both alone and in a team.
- A polite, friendly and helpful attitude.
- Positive collaboration, with an ability to bring out the best in those around them.
- An infectious "can do" attitude.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good attention to detail.
- Be proficient in working with ICT in a professional environment, including good typing skills.
- Have expense processing experience (desirable).
- Have a strong working knowledge of Word and Excel (essential).
- 20 days, rising to 25 after 2 years' service.
- Subject to operational requirements, additional days may be awarded during the period between Christmas and the New Year.
- Significantly subsidised gym membership for the School of Science and Sport is available, which includes access to yoga and Pilates classes and use of the gym and swimming pool.
- Healthy heart checks.
- Meditation sessions.
- Access to books, magazines and DVDs from the College Library.
- Complimentary lunch is provided.
- Free tickets to the College's music, dance and drama performances.
- Life Cover is provided whilst working at Brighton College after successfully passing probation period.
- Job-specific Learning and Development programme available to all employees.
- Brighton College provides a contributory pension scheme, which all eligible employees will be automatically enrolled into within three months of commencement of employment.
- Perkbox: Employee* benefit and rewards platform that provides access to a wide range of discounts, employee benefits and wellbeing resources. *Eligible staff are those who are exclusively employed at Brighton College and on a permanent, contracted hours basis.
If you are interested in joining our community, and think you have the skills needed to join us as a Purchase Ledger Assistant
please click apply today!