Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Operations - Team Member
to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Newcastle upon Tyne
(Longbenton). Role Purpose:
- Support the working capital of the business through ensuring invoices are raised in an accurate and timely manner and cash is allocated to invoices promptly enabling recognition of actuals collected.
What you'll be doing
As an Accounts Receivable Operations Team Member
- Raise a high volume of invoices daily in adherence with 24 hour service level agreements (SLA);
- Input a high volume of receipts daily in adherence with departmental SLA metrics;
- Ensure accurate recording of receipts/invoices raised to ensure internal controls are robust;
- Deal with a high number of queries ( both telephone and written);
- Daily investigation into unapplied / unidentified cash receipts ensuring items are followed up in a timely manner, recorded accurately and actioned in line with SLAs;
- Respond to and resolving complex invoice queries from the business and colleagues within the shared service centre;
- Accurately input & record the invoicing and cash metrics on WD3 for month end reporting purposes;
- Support year and full year end audit process, providing information in a timely manner to ensure the business complies with the timetables set forth;
- Contribute to the analysis of processes and controls, suggesting improvements to drive efficiency and effectiveness of the department;
- Identify key issues and trends which may require long term action planning;
- Assist with Root Cause Analysis and drive process improvements;
- Engage with line management and team to drive improvements and to achieve Right First Time;
- Assist with the standardisation of business processes;
- Build effective relationships with customers and internal stakeholders through regular communications;
- Ability to navigate Accounting systems confidently;
- Provide exceptional customer service to external and internal customers ensuring queries are dealt with in line with internal time frames;
- Business partnering with colleagues within Newcastle and site based colleagues to explain issues and resolve effectively;
- Understanding VAT and the importance of correct application of VAT laws in Accounts Receivable;
- Support the process of ensuring all key processes are documented via a DTP (Desktop Procedure Document) and uploaded to relevant system;
- Ensure workloads are completed to high quality within agreed deadlines and targets;
- Understand the key KPIs/SLAs and priorities for self and own team;
- Engage positively in team meetings, team huddles or wider business forums.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience: The following qualities are essential:
The following experience are desirable:
- Have achieved an A-C grade in Maths, English and IT at GCSE or the equivalent;
- Able to effectively manage time and deliver against deadlines, setting own goals and being proactive in seeking and driving improvements;
- Organised and proactive Process Improvement mind-set;
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills;
- Positive and proactive approach to all aspects of work;
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of people in the organisation;
- Excellent team player, able to work as part of different size teams but also independently where required;
- Excellent skills in excel in able to analyse data and suggest improvements;
- Flexible in approach to work, recognising patterns of work and being able to proactively support full department;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with data inputting and reporting.
- Working towards T Level 2 or other professional exams e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ICM;
- Excellent working knowledge of multicurrency ERP system (preferably Oracle).
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe and Sustainable.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/