Accounts Receivable 25k - 27.5k
Salford's Hybrid: 3 days from home Hours: 9am - 5.30pm (37.5hr week) Job Summary
The post holder is responsible for supporting the Financial Accountant in the day-to-day processes and maintenance of financial records, raising invoices, the timely receipting of income from Debtors and other key financial tasks and reconciliations.
To work closely with and support the Financial Accountant, the Finance Business Partnering team, budget holders and external partners to ensure that financial accounting records are accurate and timely. To contribute to the overall statutory and external reporting of the organisation’s financial position and the reasons behind the more substantial variations to plan. To work with managers and budget holders to obtain financial information that will enable maintaining timely and accurate records.
Support the monthly and annual accounts preparation process and will also have responsibility for the drafting and updating business continuity documentation and processes. Key responsibilities/outcomes Financial Accounting
- Manage the Accounts Receivables process, ensuring records are accurately recorded and maintained, including raising receivables invoices and credit notes in a timely manner and maintaining up to date customer records.
- Manage relationship with the Procurement and Contracts team and budget holders, ensuring accounts receivables invoices raised are in line with contractual agreements and budgets. Identify and discuss discrepancies on contract fees or invoice requests.
- Lead on all Accounts Receivables queries and work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve any queries or advise on new developments. Identify and provide accurate information to support the resolution of queries.
- Manage the credit control process and ensuring timely receipts of customers payments and that records are up to date, and receipts are posted in a timely manner. Liaise with customers and NHS partners in dealing with concerns or difficulties with outstanding invoice receipts. Provide analysis of invoices and receipts; prepare aged debtors report and statistics for monthly and quarterly returns.
- Support the month end accounting process in preparing monthly journals, investigating, and preparing financial analysis to identify and resolve queries.
- To support the Financial Accountant in monthly and end of year accounts reconciliation, and internal and external audit requirements, submitting financial returns including VAT and pensions returns.
- Assist Senior Finance colleagues with the preparation of monthly finance and payroll reports, undertake transaction analysis and provide financial information for internal and external financial reporting.
- Responsible for the credit card expenditure process, making sure that transactions are recorded on a timely basis and accurately reflected in the financial records. Deal with queries as and when they arise.
- AAT or equivalent or studying towards a finance qualification is preferred
- Proven Accounts Receivable experience is essential and in supporting monthly and annual accounts preparation
- Working with Microsoft office, especially Excel
- 27 days plus bank holidays
- NHS Pension or standard pension
- Apprenticeship scheme ACCA, CIMA or AAT
- Blue light card
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Fleet car scheme
- Hybrid Working (3 days from home)