We are delighted to be working with this well-known Welsh business in helping them find their new Assistant Accountant. We are looking for a diligent and motivated new addition to their finance team.
The role forms part of small and busy finance team and reports into a supportive and diligent Finance Manager. It’s an opportunity to work across all areas of the unique and fascinating business and will support the Finance Manager in overseeing the day-to-day financial processing work including month and year end.
This is an ideal role for someone with proven accounts experience, including strong reconciliation skills supported by further theoretical knowledge gained during AAT studies. This is an opportunity to be a key member of a busy finance team where development and progression are actively encouraged.
If this role sounds like your next career move in finance, we’d love to share more with you. The job
The person specification
- Maintain sales ledger to include tracing customers, resolving customer queries, and allocating daily receipts
- Monitor credit control to ensure steady cash flow and to avoid bad debts
- Prepare detailed monthly profit and loss accounts
- Carry out monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- Maintain detailed spreadsheets of cash and credit/debit card income
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for car park cash and credit/debit card balances
- Prepare monthly and quarterly invoicing data for various income streams
- Complete quarterly VAT returns
- Monthly reconciliation of various sales, purchase, and nominal ledger accounts
- Assist with preparation and processing of nominal ledger journals
- Ad hoc analysis and reviews for both income and expenditure responding to income requests from staff, including directors and senior managers.
Salary & Benefits
- Ideally qualified or studying AAT at level 3
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Good knowledge of finance systems
- Strong Microsoft Office experience with good knowledge of Excel.
- Good understanding of finance departments and the end-to-end processes
- Salary is up to c£28,000 pa
- AAT study support will be considered
- 22 days annual leave plus Bank holidays (rising after service)
- Generous pension scheme
- 3 x salary life cover
- Flexible working with parking on site