Line of Service
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- You will play an integral role in PwC's core assurance services provided to clients.
- Understand the process workflow related to work requests from initiation through completion, understand how workflow is managed within the firm's workflow management tool, understand optimal and required
manner in which to document results of work performed
- Participate in a wide range of projects and collaborate across multiple work streams or teams; consistently demonstrating creative thinking, individual initiative and timely completion of assigned work
- Consistently demonstrate teamwork dynamics by working as a team member: understand personal and team roles; contribute to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; and proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback
- Serve as participant on communications with numerous Engagement teams
You will have the opportunity to specialize in some of the following:
- Financial statement review procedures based on understanding of relationships between supporting documentation and financial statement documents in accordance with auditing standards
- Conduct tests of details and controls for fixed asset, inventory, other asset additions, interest income/expense and dividends including understanding policies, auditing procedures, evaluation of qualitative items
- Prepare documents based on audit policy and standard templates, including information gathering and population of templates and documents
- Perform work and provide related deliverables in accordance with DC User Guide instructions as applied to engagement teamwork request submissions
- Maintain working knowledge of DC User Guides
- Monitor time and manage deadlines
- Adhere to PwC SDC policies and procedures
- Participate in training, coaching and other developmental opportunities
- Performs the quality check on all deliverables to ensure they are consistent with laid down quality parameters
- Qualified Chartered Accountants/CPA
- Senior Associate - 1+ years/Senior Associate II - 2+ years
- Understanding of audit concepts and regulations
- Good understanding of statutory audit, external audit, corporate financial statements, Securities, financial products, financial instruments and derivatives
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
December 31, 2023