Line of Service
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- You will play an integral role in PwC's core assurance services provided to clients.
- Develop an understanding of the PwC audit approach, methodology and tools.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of auditing and aptitude for technical accounting
- Perform responsibilities with a professional auditor mindset focused on exercising professional skepticism and judgment and independently evaluating information while directly addressing contradictory evidences
- Understand the process workflow related to work requests from initiation through completion, understand how workflow is managed within the firm's workflow management tool, understand optimal and required manner in which to document results of work performed
- Lead a wide range of projects and collaborate across multiple work streams or teams; consistently demonstrating creative thinking, individual initiative
and timely completion of assigned work
- Consistently demonstrate teamwork dynamics by working as a team member: understand personal and team roles; contribute to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; and proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback.
- Lead communications with numerous engagement teams/ end clients to discuss audit issues
- Demonstrate maturity, poise and self confidence in managing self and dealing with colleagues
- Demonstrate positive attitude towards colleagues and work
- Understand and adapt to the PwC corporate culture
You will have the opportunity to specialize in some of the following:
- Review of audit documentation based on understanding of the underlying supporting evidences in accordance with relevant accounting/ auditing standards
- Analytical review of audit documents including identifying accounting and auditing issues and performance of research to address the issues
- Manage engagements involving increased level of judgments
- Lead the day-to-day operations of multiple engagements
- Perform review of audit deliverables in accordance with relevant professional literature/ Delivery Center (DC) User Guide instructions as applied to engagement team work request submissions
- Maintain deep knowledge of relevant auditing standards/ DC User Guides
- Monitor time and manage deadlines
- Assist in designing the approach to audit engagements
- Anticipate project issues and take appropriate measures to resolve
- Develop and enhance good relationship with Territory PMO and Market Team Transformation Leaders
- Implement high standards of quality for performance of team
- Ensure that audit documentation is in compliance with quality standards of the Firm
- Take ownership for the results of the team members
- Adhere to PwC SDC policies and procedures
- Participate in training, coaching and other developmental opportunities
- Provide effective counseling, training, coaching and mentoring to team members to assist them in fully developing their potential
- Serve as catalysts for innovation by identifying and exploring emerging issues
- Interact regularly with business leaders to provide status
- Continue to grow by taking advantage of mentorship and development opportunities
- Gain exposure to a variety of industries and business models to increase understanding of how organizations operate
Qualification - CA/CPA
Experience - Manager - 4+ years/Manager II -6+ years
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
December 31, 2023