Your Role Accountabilities
- The Senior Accountant within the Corporate Operations Accounting team will be based in the Hyderabad office, reporting to the Accounting Manager based in Hyderabad and supporting the US Accounting team based in Atlanta and Knoxville as well as Finance contacts across WBD s global offices
- This position will support the day-to-day accounting and maintain the integrity and accuracy of the PL and balance sheet
- The ideal candidate should have excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills and a high level of professionalism and accountability to communicate financial information to Finance and Operational partners at all levels throughout the company
- Prepare accruals and other manual journal entries and related supporting documents, which include evidence of controls performed in SAP/PeopleSoft. - 30%
- Prepare supporting files to analyze the monthly activity of assigned accounts. Identify and highlight relevant PL variances between current month and YTD average. Report those variances to Accounting Manager.- 20%
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts. Ensure appropriate supporting documentation is maintained. -20%
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to assist Accounting Manager and other team members to cover any information request for internal (SOX-Internal Audit-GBS Management) or external (Auditors, Tax, Legal or Statutory) filing purposes.-10%
- Analyze existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement. Suggest those changes to the Accounting Manager.-10%
- Assist in special projects including the system implementation of SAP S/4HANA and redesign processes that are currently performed in Peoplesoft. Prepare and maintain accounting process documentation.-10%
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or equivalent
- Experience in similar positions (3+ years).
- Fluent in English
- Ability to adapt to dynamic and uncertain environments (flexibility and prioritization).
- Proactivity and accountability.
- Proficient in Excel and other MS tools.
- Abilities to develop interpersonal relationships.
- Experience in Shared Business Services centers
- Experience in Media Industry, Big Four firms or global companies
- Experience in SAP/Peoplesoft or other ERP systems
- Experience in Hyperion, SmartView, EPM and other database tools
- Experience in Blackline/Cadency Certification
Skills: Sap, Epm, Erp, Accounting, Finance, Management, Smartview, blackline , Hyperion, Peoplesoft, Excel
Experience: 3.00-5.00 Years