- Collects outstanding balances on past due invoices as per a pre-established time line, which involves sending out standardized collection notices, placing phone calls to clients, and composing emails to address specific collection situations. Negotiate payment terms with specific guidelines or based on guidelines provided by management.
- Determine when to deny a client access to a virtual data rooms because of past due payments based on various factors including the account s payment history and the nature of the business relationship with Intralinks.
- Complete the reconciliation of accounts usually as the result of a dispute by matching each charge to the client with each payment received. Discusses open items with clients until a resolution is reached.
- Recommend when to assign uncollectible accounts to a collection agency. Discusses alternatives with sales representatives.
- Prepare and provides ad hoc analytical reports on the status of assigned accounts in a spreadsheet format.
- Run a weekly aging report to obtain a list of past due accounts needed to proceed with collection activities. Communicate with sales representatives and the billing helpdesk specialists to resolve disputes raised by clients and follow up on resolutions in order to move forward with cash collection.
- Arrange for changes to account information by setting up tickets with the billing help desk.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Business mathematics understanding
- Experience in working with the MS Excel Spreadsheet application
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- 'hands-on' collections experience, experience in IT Industry a plus
- Education: Associates or Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business administration
- Experience in collection experience in the commercial service industry
- Software/Technology experience: MS Excel and Access, desired advanced level
- The desire to tackle challenging and diverse tasks
- Understanding of business cost and revenue drivers, Knowledge of Accounting Standards and Reporting requirements.
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving client billing queries
- Able to identify root cause of the problems and provide effective solutions to eliminate further occurrence of the same
- Good numerical and analytical ability
- Pro-active Self Starter
- Must be able to multi task
Skills: business mathematics , Collections, numerical ability , Verbal Communication, Negotiation, Business Administration, Accounting, Access, Analytical Ability, Ms Excel, It Industry, Multi Task, Written Communication
Experience: 0.00-2.00 Years