* This role will sit within the Liberty Data Analytics (LDA) entity, a subsidiary of Liberty Mutual Insurance.
The Product Strategy team in Product Economics and Data Science is looking for an Assistant Director, Product Analysis
; providing the opportunity to build economics capabilities for Liberty Mutual's Indian market.
This person will focus on:
- assessing the profitability and growth opportunities of the Indian Motor market through economic analysis,
- partnering with global and local leaders on various pricing, UW, and strategic product initiatives,
- developing and analyzing key metrics to holistically monitor the health of operation, and
- conducting complex analysis to identify pricing/UW opportunities to support profitable growth that balance both short and long-term goals.
The role will be expected to build significant knowledge of Motor products across Liberty Mutual's India portfolio and establish strong relationship with members of the in-country product teams. The role will report directly to the Product Strategy Market Lead.
We are looking to add a new member in Mumbai, India. The level of the role will depend on candidates’ past experiences and qualifications.
- Engage and support Product Analytic and UW leaders to identify and develop targeted actions to improve performance through economic analysis and market insights (e.g., pricing model calibrations, deep dives, etc).
- Collaborate with the larger Economics and Data Science department to evaluate key initiatives and deploy new analytical capabilities for the market.
- Build, develop, and maintain Profit & Growth forecasts to monitor the overall health of our business and ensure favorable P&L results.
- Improve data quality and efficiency through continuous evaluation, analysis, and refinement of data process; strive for automation.
- Support Market Leads improve the level of rigor and transparency during the annual planning cycle.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders to further advance the global operating model and transparency across teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science or related field or Demonstration of progress through Actuarial exams.
- Knowledge of insurance operations (Product, UW, Distribution, Actuarial) required.
- P&C Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to clearly articulate analysis, present findings & recommendations to targeted audience.
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization.
- Proven analytical skills and aptitude for solving complex business problems.
- Ability to query and manipulate large datasets for analysis.
- Experience and knowledge of various programming languages and tools (e.g., SQL, SAS, Power BI, Python, etc).
- Typically, at least 6-10 years of experience.
Powered by JazzHR