One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We're looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.What You'll Do
Your prime responsibility will be working with various suppliers, processing invoices for payment. Your attention to detail will be a benefit as you check and verify records, prepare invoices, verify coding accuracy, voucher, file and prepare check runs.The day-to-day
Utilizing your accounting expertise, you will create general journal entries and/or balance accounts payable records. You will use your computer skills in an ERP system to input a high volume of data, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects and respond to inquiries. You will be responsible for resolving account discrepancies using your ability to reconcile difficult accounts.
If you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment, then you may be our next Account Processor at Viasat!What You'll Need
What Will Help You On The Job
- 5 plus years' Accounts Payable experience in high volume environment includes matching, coding, entering invoices, processing check runs, resolving discrepancies, and working with suppliers.
- Experience working for European entities.
- A basic understanding of GAAP accounting principles related to Accounts payable
- Experience with large ERP systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of SOX compliance and experience with audit procedures for A/P records is preferred.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Experience with high volume materials and subcontractor invoice processing and vendor payable account reconciliations
- Oracle ERP experience
- Coupa experience
- Detail and target oriented
- Experience with VAT, withholding tax and other related supplier taxes
- Working in multi-currency environment
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.
Skills: Verbal And Written Communication Skills, Vat, Sox Compliance, Customer Service Skills, Accounts Payable
Experience: 5.00-7.00 Years