1. Monthly (within 6 days) & Year End Reporting
· Monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
· Post journal entries for accrued expenses and revenue; corrections and any other allocations as necessary
· Prepare analyse and review of all accounts
· Review and process expense reports
· Monitor and analyse credit card expenses
· Ensure Intercompany accounts are in balance
· Draw up monthly financial reports
· Prepare and coordinate Year End Financial Statements with all supporting documentation
· Ensuring statutory requirement are complied with (incl. stock take) assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
· Analyse and reconcile bank statements (twice weekly) and resolve any queries within a week, including the checking of the cash-up of the stores
· Analyse and reconcile all general ledgers accounts with the intention of maintaining accurate account balance on a monthly basis
· Reconcile and maintain all balance sheet accounts with supporting documents and ensuring accuracy of reporting thereof on a monthly basis
· Timeously Monthly Creditors Reconciliations for payment on a monthly basis
3. Loading of payments as required as well as fixed monthly payments and creditors. Ensuring that appropriate paperwork is in order and expenses signed off by one of the Directors.
4. Maintain and record fixed assets register(continuous)
5. Maintain and record all contracts and that service levels are met
6. Prepare Vat returns with accurate supporting documentation and any other Statuary Returns Required for the businesses (as per Legal requirements)
7. Monitor and Manage monthly cash flow of branches to ensure liquidity, incl. the managing of the cash collection at Branches
8. Quarterly Equity meetings and annual return submission
9. All payroll administration and ensuring an accurate monthly payroll, incl. but not limited to Accurate timesheets, processing of overtime as per procedure, all leave is recorded and processed, staff contracts and remuneration schedules up to date, record is kept of all disciplinary issues and all manpower statuary requirements are met
10. Petty Cash processing
11. Assisting the stores with admin and accounting issues and ensuring that policies and procedures are followed and that the branches are as cost effective as possible
12. Assist with the implementing and maintaining of internal financial controls and procedures, incl. stock procedures and provide support to all the other departmental staff regarding the processes and procedures requirements to ensure the compliance with the accounting standards and principles.
The person needs to have a BComm Accounting Degree, with at least Accounting 2
Experience in retail, SAP, Pastel and Psiber will be of an advantage.
The successful candidate must be competent, accurate, problem solver, energetic and willing to take ownership.
Must be a team player.
The appointed accountant will have 2 staff members in the admin department supporting him/her.
Travelling is involved as the branches are in Umtata, Queenstown, King Williamstown, Butterworth, East London, Mount Freere, Lusikisiki, Matatiele, Stanford Road, Motherwell and Uitenhage. If company is unable to provide transport and own transport is used, staff member will be reimbursed.
Every Second Saturday on standby for the stores, for pettycash or any other admin function requirements or support