This specific position that we are recruiting for is in SIQALO Foods Pty Ltd, a Remgro Group Company and market leader in Spreads with the well-known brands Rama, Stork and Flora. SIQALO Foods works in partnership with RCL Foods.
Our Talent Team are currently looking for a dynamic Management Accountant to join the SIQALO Foods Business. The role will be based at the National Office, Westville and report to the Commercial Manager.
This role will provide management accounting, planning support and insight for feed within the region.
- B.Com or CIMA
- Preferred with FMCG experience
- 4 to 5 years' management accounting experience, including:
- Commercial costing,
- People management
- Some exposure to processing or manufacturing environments
Duties & Responsibilities
Sales Analysis, Product Costing and Enabling Margin Improvement
- Continuously analysing and auditing of the standard costs of products to ensure that they are accurately maintained and that they reflect the cost of the production processes.
- Perform monthly SKU and customer analysis on volume, price and deal analysis to ensure maximised profitability through Net Revenue Management principles.
- Prepare detailed analysis of Sally, Tally and Trade Spend for the period/s concerned with commentary.
- Perform brand monthly analysis by comparing actual to PY/forecast and performing GMVA analysis on the brand.
- Monthly analysis of variance reports of actual cost vs. standard cost and highlighting of variances to management in order to initiate actions which would correct potential inefficiencies.
- Close working relationship with sales team highlighting cost changes in order for them to proactively take corrective action to optimise margins.
- Tracking product and customer profit margins by using standard monthly reports and highlighting variances from targets to sales team.
- Make recommendations and implement changes to current promotion, rebates and customer spend ways of working
- Monitor performance against financial and non-financial company targets in a prompt and timely manner in collaboration with line managers (ie dashboard/scorecard).
- Support continuous improvement projects and deliver on ad hoc information and analysis requests from Commercial and Other Siqalo functions.pr
- Reporting of key performance indicators on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Monthly reporting of financial performance of the agreed format which will include commentary on key performance areas.
- Analyse results with Trend Analysis on all relevant spends & KPIs.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assisting with the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes for the business in accordance with time scheduling and guidelines.
- Expense budgeting for the business in line with national guidelines and economic indicators.
- Calculation of return on investment for proposed budgeted capital projects in order to assist management with prioritization of Capex, and ensuring that capital budgets are aligned with group allocation of funds.
- Reporting of the budgets and forecasts according to the formats supplied.
- Interpretation of the final outcome of the budgets and forecasts ensuring that it reflects the strategic objectives of the business and initiating changes where necessary.
- Monthly analysis of costs against budget/forecast and investigating variances.
- Engage with the Customer, marketing and R&D teams with detailed analysis of the spend to enable improved efficiencies and profit enhancing opportunities.
- Continuously consider cost saving opportunities or areas where waste/inefficiencies could be eliminated and influence corrective action by line management.
- Identification of Capex opportunities to unlock profit of the operations within the context of group Capex requirements and strategy.
- Prepare and follow up on Capex motivations.
- Prepare post-Capex reviews.
- Review Capex application and ensure ROI requirements are met.
Information and Data Management
- Ensure team members accurately and regularly captures data onto the information system to enable access to reliable data and reporting for trend analysis and decision-making.
- Share relevant data with management teams to enable reliable business decision-making.
- Ensure MACS system is utilised to perform financial management function, especially variance reporting and budgeting and forecasting.