Woolpert Africa, based in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa, offers extensive high accuracy lidar, imagery and remote sensing experience, as well as airborne topographic, hyper spectral, and thermal survey and mapping. We provide mapping services for engineering, infrastructure, mining, agriculture, and environmental sectors in more than 45 African countries.
We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. Because of our growth we are seeking a Project Accountant.
This position is primarily responsible for project financial support relating to accurate revenue recognition, coordinating, and executing project billings, and contract administration on projects within Woolpert Africa.Primary Functions:
Qualifications / Experience:
- Works with Project Managers on accurate and complete project financial processing, recording, and reporting.
- Attends regularly scheduled meetings with project team (Phase Managers, Project Managers and Market Directors) to receive information on current and future projects.
- Performs project set-ups in accordance and/or in compliance with company-wide project fundamentals. Also reviews and confirms that contracts, project plans, and work breakdown schedules are in place.
- Assists project management and Risk Management, as needed, in reviewing client purchase and change orders and providing direct follow up with clients on status of these.
- Check project financial reports to ensure correct and complete processing and allocation of labor hours, other direct costs and subconsultant expenses.
- Transfers misapplied time and expenses to correct projects within the ERP. This includes appropriate coordination on approval of transfers. Documents transfers of project-to-project time in billing file for audit trail.
- Reviews and monitors subconsultant contracts, invoicing, insurance certificates and other required documents are complete and linked appropriately.
- Coordinates with Project Managers to allocate and approve cost and subconsultant invoices.
- Works with project management and other team members to prepare, review, and ensure accurate and timely monthly/milestone client billings according to contract terms, including reviewing contract invoicing/pricing terms.
- Contacts client's accounting representative for appropriate invoicing requirements and maintains contact with client representative as necessary during project billing duration.
- Assists Project Managers with the coordination and review of billings and collections, including review of monthly Accounts Receivable Ledger. Makes direct client contact when previous collection attempts are unsuccessful.
- Completes monthly revenue/profitability review to ensure consistent and accurate project data and revenue/profit recording and projections.
- Analyzes, reviews, and monitors ERP and Power BI reports and communicates trends and potential problems with Finance Manager, Project Managers, and/or Market Director.
- Initiates project close out to ensure all data in the ERP record is correct and complete.
- Educates internal clients on ERP and accounting reports.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality as it relates to Operational Financial Information.
- Participates in company-wide initiatives as needed, to include project fundamentals, best practices, quality assurance and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Must have a financial degree or diploma and four (4) years related experience or ten (10) years related accounting experience.
- Must possess above average Microsoft Office suite skills.
- Must be proficient with Adobe products, database management software and the Internet.
- Must maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally.
- Must work equally well with all levels of management, clients, and employees.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external clients.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively with others to set goals and resolve problems to enhance organization effectiveness.
- Must demonstrate the ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate above average analytical skills.
- Must have above average ERP, accounting, and financial skills.
- Must demonstrate the capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
Woolpert is committed to a vision to become the premier architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm, and one of the best companies in the world. It's a vision we've been fine-tuning for decades. It guides our decisions and investments, provides our clients with optimal solutions, and offers our employees unrivaled opportunities. Woolpert is recognized as a Great Place to Work by its employees with more than a century of experience, over 1,000 employees and 30 offices worldwide.
For more information, visit woolpert.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/