Description & Requirements
Are you an accounting student striving for CPA eligibility and looking for a full-time opportunity in Tax? At FORVIS, you can use your critical thinking abilities to help clients solve problems or apply your social skills to build rewarding business relationships. You will work with clients from a variety of industries as you develop your technical skills and strengthen the foundation on which you will build your career.
You will be coached by our experienced staff and management personnel. As your skill set grows, you will assume greater responsibility and actively participate in determining your career path. How you will contribute:
We are looking for people who have Forward Vision and:
- Working with client personnel to reconcile account differences and analyze financial data
- Preparing individual, corporate, partnership, or other tax returns
- Calculating tax extension or estimating payments
- Participating in client meetings alongside FORVIS partners and managers
- Effective time management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team as well as independently
- Problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to take initiative
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines
- Associate positions require a bachelor's or master's degree in accounting
- Associates must be eligible to sit for the CPA exam in the state in which your office will be located
- Solid technical accounting knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Applicants for positions with FORVIS must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Prior internships in a public accounting firm performing tax work
At FORVIS, your career is designed with a purpose. We want our team members to thrive professionally and feel the impact their work yields when serving clients, industries, and local communities. This starts by empowering team members to design a career journey that leverages their skills and fuels their passions.
Creating a best-in-class employee experience is at the heart of our vision for the future. With a global presence and diversified service offerings, we provide our FORVIS team members with an abundance of career paths to choose from. We pride ourselves on building an inclusive culture where the backgrounds and talents of all our people are valued. We view our people as our most important asset and invest in them by providing competitive total rewards, professional development, and rewarding career opportunities.
FORVIS, LLP ranks among the nation's top 10 professional services firms. Created by the merger of equals of BKD, LLP and Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP (DHG), FORVIS is driven by the commitment to use our forward vision to deliver Unmatched Client Experiences™. FORVIS is built upon the strong legacies of BKD and DHG, which is reflected in a name that comprises partner initials and represents our unique focus on preparing our clients for what is next. With more than 5,500 dedicated professionals who serve clients in all 50 states as well as across the globe, FORVIS offers assurance, tax, advisory, and wealth management services.
Design your career with purpose at FORVIS. For more information about our firm locations, visit FORVIS.com. FORVIS, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications.
It is FORVIS's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
- FORVIS expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
- FORVIS further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with FORVIS.
- Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of FORVIS without having a FORVIS vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of FORVIS.