Career Level Requirement
If you are currently pursuing college coursework or have completed a bachelor's degree or higher in the past 12 months.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to one role for which they are qualified, that is of the greatest interest. Start Season & Year:
Fall 2024 Earliest Graduation Date:
Jun 2023 Latest Graduation Date:
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring.
At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
KPMG is currently seeking a Tax Associatefor our Business Tax Services practice. Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review fiduciary tax returns, including Forms 1041, 5227, 990, 990-PF, 1040 and 1099
- Analyze trust accounting data, trust documents, Schedules K-1, Forms 1099 and other relevant information to determine appropriate tax treatment of income and deductions
- Communicate with clients to gather necessary information and address tax-related questions and concerns
- Collaborate with senior tax professionals to ensure compliance with federal and state tax laws and regulations
- Respond to tax notices from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state taxing authorities
- Identify process improvement and automation opportunities and work with cross-functional teams to develop and deploy solutions across the practice
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: Bachelor's and/or Masters degree in Accounting, Finance, Trust Administration, or a related field
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
- Have or pursuing the state-specific education requirements to be a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the principal place of business (the state in which the office is located) for this position preferred
- Basic knowledge of trust, estate, individual, or exempt organization taxation and/or tax information reporting preferred
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency in tax software (CCH Axcess, ONESOURCE Trust Tax) preferred
- Demonstrated quality service mindset; strong technical aptitude with excellent written/verbal communication and critical thinking skills; ability to navigate MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Must reside within a reasonably commutable distance to the office for this position and be able to travel to reasonably commutable work locations using own means of transportation, such as a personal vehicle or public transportation
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future. KPMG LLP will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work visa status for this opportunity (no sponsorship is available for H1-B, L-1, TN, O-1, E-3, F-1, J-1, OPT, CPT or any other employment-based visa)
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the salary range(s) are displayed via the URL below. The range is specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, performance, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your emotion and mental health. KPMG provides personal days off per fiscal year depending on job classification, standard work hours and years of service. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year. Available benefits are based on eligibility.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).