Career Level Requirement
If you are currently pursuing college coursework or have completed a bachelor's degree or higher in the past 12 months.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to one role for which they are qualified, that is of the greatest interest. Start Season & Year:
Summer/Fall 2024 Earliest Graduation Date:
Jun 2023 Latest Graduation Date:
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring.
At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
KPMG is currently seeking a Tax Associate to join our International Tax practice. Responsibilities:
- Team with colleagues to advise multinational enterprises on tax matters relating to cross-border transactions and other business decisions, such as where to operate, how to optimize global supply chains and how to access and mobilize capital to fund global operations
- Provide tax structuring advice to private equity and strategic corporate clients that engage in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions and initial public offerings in the context of cross-border transactions; support clients with internal restructuring transactions
- Learn about changes in tax law (through KPMG provided training and materials, as well as independent study) and advise clients regarding the impact of those changes on their business; provide recommendations to address potential risks or realize opportunities
- Prepare international tax elements of the tax provision calculation for our clients' financial statements and international tax elements of U.S. federal income tax returns for our clients
- Assist KPMG audit teams with their audit of financial statements, including consideration of tax implications arising from global operations and transactions
- Prepare deliverables such as tax calculations (or "models"), slide decks, memorandums, or emails with coaching and direction provided by other engagement team members
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months; Bachelors and/or Masters degree in accounting, finance, taxation, mathematics, economics, information technology, data and analytics, engineering (financial, industrial or systems) or related fields from an accredited college or university
- Preferred: Degrees and/or areas of study: Accounting and Taxation
- Must have or be pursuing the state-specific education requirements to be a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the principal place of business for this position; a short-term plan for completion of such educational requirements following the start date for this position is required, with completion of such educational requirements prior to the start date for this position preferred
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
- Interest and exposure to a broad range of U.S. international and domestic tax law provisions
- Demonstrated quality service mindset; strong technical aptitude, critical thinking and research skills and ability to navigate MS Office applications (including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) and use Excel modeling
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Must reside within a reasonably commutable distance to the office for this position and be able to travel to reasonably commutable work locations using own means of transportation, such as a personal vehicle or public transportation
- Ability to travel and/or work on-site at client premises as needed, at times with relatively short notice
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future is preferred
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the salary range(s) are displayed via the URL below. The range is specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, performance, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your emotion and mental health. KPMG provides personal days off per fiscal year depending on job classification, standard work hours and years of service. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year. Available benefits are based on eligibility.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).