"I can succeed as an Investment Operations Summer Associate at Capital Group."
As an Investment Operations Summer Associate based in Los Angeles, you will work with other associates on meaningful projects and daily production work that directly supports the investment operations process, while giving you exposure to multiple areas of the group. Our Investment Operations group has over 1,000 associates globally, supporting core components of the investment process and growth of the business through optimized, durable and scalable processes designed to achieve our company's long-term objectives. Our Summer Associate Program aims to provide an experience that mirrors the life of a full-time associate with respect to workload, responsibilities, and expectations.
As an Investment Operations Summer Associate, you will perform one or more of the following tasks:
"I am the person Capital Group is looking for."
- Process buy and sell transactions requested by investment professionals
- Monitor that all trading activity and investment decisions are in line with client, internal and regulatory guidelines
- Calculate return for portfolios, investment vehicles, and investment group
- Provide portfolio information, performance data, market commentary, and other organizational statistics to institutional clients
- Analyze and improve end-to-end business processes that touch all parts of investment operations
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree, in junior standing, graduating in 2025
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- You have an interest in pursuing a career in financial services
- You have demonstrated leadership in extracurricular activities
- You express ideas effectively and interact professionally with others
- You are a continuous learner, with a hunger for knowledge (and numbers)
- You are highly collaborative
Base Hourly Rate: $27 / hour
In addition to a highly competitive base salary, per plan guidelines, restrictions and vesting requirements, you also will be eligible for an individual annual performance bonus, plus Capital's annual profitability bonus plus a retirement plan where Capital contributes 15% of your eligible earnings.
You can learn more about our compensation and benefits here .
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.