The Assistant Vice President, Sponsor Finance will provide support to the Sponsored Finance Lenders with emphasis on financial analysis in determining the creditworthiness of a borrower. This position will have exposure to both private and public companies over a wide variety of industries, cash flow and other types of lending, and direct and syndicated loan opportunities. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a portfolio of active customer names while supporting efforts to analyze new deal opportunities.
- Analyze business financial statements and create cash flow models to be utilized in support of new and existing syndication loans, renewal requests, and amendments.
- Develop diligence question lists and arrange calls with senior management at the Company or the Private Equity firm to address these issues.
- Prepares credit evaluation memorandums, annual and quarterly reviews, and accurate and timely risk ratings.
- Assist in the ongoing management and monitoring of a syndicated loan portfolio.
- Interface with Stifel's Investment Bank and/or Stifel Research when performing diligence on deals.
- Prepare quarterly trend analysis with situation updates and risk rating evaluations for assigned borrowers.
- Ensure that certain financial statements and compliance certificates are up to date.
- Communicate all pricing changes to Loan Operations and ensure that all aspects of the Loan Agreement are being effectively administered.
- Manage ongoing communication with Company management and/or the Sponsor to address any issues identified.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the soundness of borrowers and collateral through financial research including evaluating financial statements and analyzing third party data.
- Assist in preparation of monthly Bank Board of Directors reports providing a summary of syndication relationships.
Education & Experience
- Understand and comply with all regulations, including the Community Reinvestment Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Strong ability to use critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of a prospective deal. Through the diligence process, this person should be able to adequately mitigate the identified weaknesses.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Suite including Word and Excel.
- Ability to lead conversations with management teams and/or the Private Equity firms that the Group deals with to ensure that our analysis of key points is complete
Systems & Technology
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting or another business-related field required or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years' of credit analyst work, preferably in Sponsor Finance, Investment Banking required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook