Smithville, an established and trusted provider of Internet, Voice, Security, and Enterprise data services, is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk.
Recognized nationally as a Top 100 broadband provider, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide our customers with excellent customer service and prompt solutions to their needs. While the company has grown to be Indiana's largest privately held telecommunications company, its core family-focused values make it unique. Smithville maintains more than 3,000 miles of high-capacity fiber in the state of Indiana and a 100 Gigabit fiber ring with full redundancy that serves large-scale businesses and enterprise-level operations. JOB SUMMARY
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Accounting Operations, the Accounts Payable Clerk will primarily process invoices, reimbursements, and payment requests. This position will also be providing financial, administrative, and clerical support to the Accounting & Finance Team.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical support in controlling expenses through the day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities. This position plays a critical supportive role in the ongoing development of Accounts Payable procedures. This includes timely and efficient tracking, processing, validation, and payment of vendor invoices; proper application of Sales Tax; account reconciliation. Maintenance of accurate vendor records, provide fiscal controls through Smithville policies and procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal laws. Provides exceptional communication with both vendors and internal customers. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process full-cycle accounts payable activity including invoices, credit memos, statements, approvals, and weekly disbursements.
- Validate proper GL coding and application of sales and use tax for all AP activity in accordance with Telecommunications accounting guidelines.
- Reconcile employee and corporate credit card accounts.
- Maintain vendor records and process annual 1099 filings.
- Prepare various Accounts Payable related balance sheet reconciliations and other tasks to fulfill the requirements for monthly close calendar, internal and external audits, tax filings, and regulatory reporting.
- Ensure internal controls are followed and maintained as related to the accounts payable function.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- 3+ years of accounts payable experience.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams)
- Attention to detail; high level of accuracy.
- Critical thinking skills; analyze situations, identify potential solutions, and make effective decisions.
- Self-motivated and resourceful; ability to work independently .
- Good time management skills: ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to manage changing priorities and achieve timely, accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED
- Adaptable; strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with various team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with computer, document scanner, printer, and copier.
We offer a comprehensive, extremely generous benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, discounted company products/services, a retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit.
Review of employment applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Smithville is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.