Check out our current job openings and apply today!
This is the beginning role to a long-term career with our company.
LocumTenens.com has been leading the way in a booming healthcare industry since 1995. Locum Tenens is a Latin phrase meaning, "to substitute for." When hospitals are understaffed, they rely on us to find them the right temporary physicians to fill in when needed. Every associate at LocumTenens.com plays a role in getting patients seen, no matter what they studied in school or what their role is here. Located in Alpharetta, GA, we boast a state-of-the-art campus featuring world-class amenities. There's nothing ordinary about a typical day here, take a look for yourself: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/VfMVtWsvT1pn4T6nvUZxn1 .
We are a Jackson Healthcare company and we are now the second largest healthcare staffing company in the U.S., serving more than 7 million patients in over 1,400 healthcare facilities.
Job Description Summary
The Senior Accounts Payable Specialist accurately records all transactions in the correct period, and timely pays all vendors and customers. This role processes vendor payments, submits clinician payroll, and processes internal expense reimbursements, including performing corporate credit card reconciliation. The Senior Accounts Payable Specialist will display a profound understanding of all processes of the essential functions and basic duties to accomplish this purpose and will also serve as a resource for Accounts Payable Specialist I and Accounts Payable Specialist II. May be viewed as a subject matter expert for their functions and/or serve as an informal mentor to newer associates.
Internal Expense Reimbursements - 20%
- Supports credit card holders with coding and reviewing credit card transactions
- Reviews and codes corporate credit cards for air, lodging and auto transactions including fed ex charges
- Posts void requests weekly and at month-end in the accounting system
- Performs State of Georgia sales tax accrual
Vendor Payables - 40%
- Proactively obtains trade payable invoices from vendors
- Ensures proper purpose, review and approval is received for each vendor invoice
- Processes vendor invoices in accounting system, including identifying specific coding characteristics for financial statement classification and remitting payment for vendor invoices on a weekly basis
- Reviews, updates, and otherwise maintains vendor accounts in accounting system
- Reviews and maintains vendor trade payable subledger, ensuring all vendor invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Processes intercompany bills each month when received from JH Corporate or other JH entities
- Tracks transactions and follows up with sender of charges as needed
Clinician Payroll - 40%
- Works with the treasury team to process electronic ACH and paper check remittances to clinicians
- Works with the treasury team to process clinician electronic and paper payment recalls, returns, and voids
- Generates electronic notifications to clinicians
- Reviews the sub-ledger for clinician overpayments/repayments
- Applies tax amounts to payroll as identified for states requiring withholding (currently CA and PA)
- Reviews payroll items needing taxes applied by the vendor
- Works with the issue resolution team to correct resolutions on overpayments as needed
- Works with the clinician pay team to ensure all issues are addressed
- Obtains vendor / clinician 1099 information each month using TIN Check
- Reviews 1099 information for accuracy and sends to IRS for processing
QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
- High school graduate or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 4+ years of Accounts Payable experience required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to adhere to and exhibit the Company Values at all times
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams
- Strong understanding of financial management systems, Workday a plus
- Exhaustive understanding of accounts payable processes and procedures
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Ability to build strong business relationships at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Solid critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to consistently meet goals, commitments, and deadlines
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED Customer Focus Decision Quality Resourcefulness Directs WorkOptimizes Work Processes Nimble Learning Ensures Accountability Collaborates
Instills Trust Demonstrates Self-Awareness Manages Ambiguity
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, WORKING CONDITION, AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
What is in it for you
- Typical office environment - sedentary with typing, writing, reading requirements
- May be able to sit or stand
- Speaking, reading, writing, ability to use a telephone and computer
- Ability to exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally
- Ability to interpret various instructions
- Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization
- Company-paid beneﬁts (Basic Life and AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Compass Health Advocate and Transitions).
- Healthcare beneﬁt options (Value Plan, High Deductible Plan with HSA, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Prepaid Legal Services, 529 Savings Plan, Pet Insurance).
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- 401K with 35% match for every dollar up to 8%.
- PTO that accrues at a rate of 15 days/year for 1st year and continues to increase with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education.
- An opportunity to work at a state-of-the-art facility in Alpharetta which features an on-site daycare and cafeteria, world-class fitness center and wellness clinic.
Locum Tenens is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.