The Accounts Payable Associate for Thomas Weisel Investment Management is responsible for accounts payable processing, general ledger bookkeeping, expense reimbursements, and other operational tasks for the Office of CEO Administration. This role involves processing accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures. The Staff Accountant-Accounts Payable Associate will also prepare and review financial documents, reports, and statements. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all functions related to Accounts Payable activities.
- Perform the initial review of all outside vendor invoices and Employee Expense Reports.
- Generate e-checks for review and payment via an online banking platform.
- Apply proper coding of expenses and expense reports and enter them into QuickBooks.
- File and maintain paid invoices in electronic vendor files.
- Complete and submit forms when expenses have a business purpose.
- Perform analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts that interface with accounts payable activity.
- Respond to outside vendor and employee inquiries regarding the status of disbursements.
- Responsible for proper reporting of Form 1099 information to IRS.
- Maintain relationship with company credit card provider and act as administrator for employee credit cards.
- Maintaining accounts receivable spreadsheets for business reimbursements. Interface with corporate accounts payable.
- Review monthly credit card statements and categorize all expenses, performing research as needed.
- Correspond with employees to obtain necessary expense supporting documentation.
- Call on selected credit card vendors to get copies of invoices for detailed expense classification.
- Maintain all subscriptions.
- Maintain vehicle records (maintenance, insurance cards, registration, etc.).
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to providing high-quality customer service to internal and external clients and contacts.
- Experience working with GL accounts and general banking activities.
- Meet demanding deadlines and can interact productively with co-workers and outside service providers.
- Experience with Accounting and Accounts Payable activities.
- Experience with monthly cash reconciliations for various bank and brokerage accounts.
Systems & Technology
- Minimum Required: High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum Required: 2+ years of experience in accounts payable and bookkeeping required and 1+ years of experience working with GL accounts and general banking activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Adobe.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Experience with Bill.com is preferred.
Base salary annualized range: $50,000.00 - $75,000
. Actual salaries may vary, and may be based on several factors, including but not limited to each candidate's qualifications, skills, and overall competencies for the position. The base salary is one component of Stifel's overall compensation package for each individual employee. Other benefits and offerings include, but not limited to, discretionary bonuses, health / dental / vision / prescription insurance offerings, Stifel Total Health Connect, flexible spending accounts, tuition & certification assistance programs, paid time off, and much, much more! To view a more comprehensive list of Stifel's current offerings, please visit our Stifel Benefits website.