As the Audit Manager, you will oversee and conduct planning, testing, and reporting for risk-based operational internal audits of corporate, district, and branch operations. You will oversee work of other assigned auditors. You will also periodically assists with the development and execution of enterprise risk management processes.
Enterprise Risk Management/Internal Audit (ERM/IA) provides risk-based independent and objective risk assessment, assurance, and advisory services designed to add value and improve operations of Crescent Electric Supply Company and its subsidiaries. The ERM/IA department helps the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes. PRIMARY DUTIES
- Assist with development of annual internal audit plan and ensure its execution.
- Lead scoping and objective setting for internal audit engagements.
- Collaborate with process owners and other members of management to understand and document business objectives, risks, and internal controls.
- Oversee completion of walkthroughs to understand and document key business processes in flowchart or narrative format.
- Assess adequacy of control design in mitigating associated risks.
- Determine best methods to test risks and controls and develop test procedures.
- Determine appropriate populations to test risks and controls and select appropriate samples.
- Manage and/or conduct control effectiveness testing and other audit procedures to determine compliance with standards and established procedures.
- Leverage data analysis to test full populations, when appropriate.
- Communicate audit status and results verbally and in writing to all levels of management in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Build consensus with management and overcome disagreements on audit results.
- Ensure workpapers, reports, and other deliverables are clear, concise, and supported by procedures performed.
- Review workpapers completed by assigned auditors.
- Oversee and train assigned auditors on internal audit engagements.
- Manages the work of internal auditors.
Total Rewards and Benefits
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, IT, or related field.
- 5+ years of internal or external audit experience.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time with overnight stays.
Crescent Electric's compensation package includes an array of top-tier benefit options, including:
Family Owned. Culture of Quality. Opportunities to Advance.
- Eligibility for health, and dental, vision coverage, 401(k) plan, and flexible spending accounts, subject to plan terms.
- Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as life insurance, short-term disability, long-term care, and Employee Assistance Program, subject to applicable waiting periods.
- Excused Absence time off and Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Company-paid holidays.
- Other benefits for which you may be eligible includes supplemental life insurance, hospital indemnity, and accident and critical illness benefits with cancer coverage.
- Eligibility: Employees are eligible for health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Employees who are 21 years of age or older will be automatically enrolled in the company's 401(k) plan once they achieve 90 days of employment.
Crescent is transforming and we are on a mission
to power the communities we serve through teamwork and relentless customer focus. We have a vision
of uncompromising teamwork committed to becoming the industry leader for our employees, suppliers, and shareholders. At Crescent, you will have the opportunity to develop professionally, grow personally and have the flexibility to balance your life's priorities. Let's serve together. Let's power our communities together. Let's become THE industry leaders... together.
Crescent Electric Supply is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. Crescent Electric Supply does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, race, national origin, gender, religion, marital status, disability, veteran, military status, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Veterans and military spouses are highly encouraged to apply. We recognize and value the unique strengths of the military community in supporting our mission to serve those who have served. Candidates are subject to pre-employment assessments, Motor Vehicle Record review, criminal background checks, references check, and a post-offer drug screen.