DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Are you an accounting student striving for CPA eligibility or a current associate-level professional looking for a full-time opportunity in Audit? At FORVIS, you can use your critical thinking abilities to help clients solve problems or apply your social skills to build rewarding business relationships. You will work with clients from a variety of industries as you develop your technical skills and strengthen the foundation on which you will build your career.
Whether you choose to start in audit or tax, you will be coached by our experienced staff and management personnel. As your skill set grows, you will assume greater responsibility and actively participate in determining your career path.HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE FORWARD VISION AND:
- Completing audit testing on financial statement accounts such as cash, accounts payable, or fixed assets
- Working with client personnel to reconcile account differences and analyze financial data
- Helping to draft management letter comments and the audit report
- Participating in client meetings alongside FORVIS partners and managers
- Effective time management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team as well as independently
- Problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to take initiative
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines
- Associate positions require a bachelor's or master's degree in accounting
- Associates must be eligible to sit for the CPA exam or have CPA certification
- Solid technical accounting knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (in major and overall) preferred for college candidates
- Early career candidates may have up to 18 months of relevant progressive audit experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate audit and public accounting experience
- Prior internships in a public accounting firm performing audit work
Applicants for positions with FORVIS must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
At FORVIS, your career is designed with a purpose. We want our team members to thrive professionally and feel the impact their work yields when serving clients, industries, and local communities. This starts by empowering team members to design a career journey that leverages their skills and fuels their passions.
Creating a best-in-class employee experience is at the heart of our vision for the future. With several industry focus areas, multiple service lines, and locations in five geographical regions across the country to choose from, the opportunities for your career are without limit.