Career Level Requirement
If you are currently pursuing college coursework or have completed a bachelor's degree or higher in the past 12 months.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to one role for which they are qualified, that is of the greatest interest. Start Season & Year:
Summer/Fall 2024 Earliest Graduation Date:
May 2023 Latest Graduation Date:
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you are as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Audit Associate to join our Audit Services team. Responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding of client-specific risks through review of financial results of the client, relevant external information, current business trends and specific client transactions, primarily for federal government clients
- Learn to prepare clear, well-structured and effective audit documentation regarding our understanding of clients processes and technology systems, including the flow of transactions, identification of risk points and controls that mitigate the risk points
- With appropriate guidance, execute and document testing of client controls and financial statement account balances with clear explanations of procedures and results using appropriate standards and terminology; identify potential misstatements and control deficiencies when performing testing procedures and escalate as appropriate
- Support the execution of a high-quality audit through the diligent performance of assigned tasks and professional client and engagement team interactions; support the use of enabling technologies in the audit, which includes effective risk assessment, data extractions, statistical-based sampling procedures and related analyses
- Identify process improvements and audit efficiencies as part of KPMGs continuous improvement culture; support project management activities by assessing and reporting status, tracking deliverables and coordinating action items; build and maintain client relationships commensurate with level and experience
- Support the use of Data and Analytics (D&A) in the audit including data extraction and analysis; utilize a range of technologies and data analysis tools to execute substantive audit procedures, such as Excel, Alteryx, SQL, Python and Power BI; assist in the preparation of the related documentation
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: Bachelor of Accountancy, Master of Accountancy, or equivalent program from an accredited college or university
- Must be pursuing the state-specific education requirements to be a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the principal place of business (the state in which the office is located) for this position, with completion of required academic credits prior to the start date for this position; CPA education requirements are determined by statute and/or rules of the state Boards of Accountancy and vary by state/jurisdiction; alternatively, education requirements to be a CPA can be pursued in an alternative state (rather than the principal place of business) by providing satisfactory documentation to the Firm that your CPA license can be obtained in the principal place of business for this position through reciprocity, based on either a CPA license held or CPA exam passed in the alternative state
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
- Coursework or minor in information systems, software engineering, computer science or data and analytics preferred; experience with data analysis tools and techniques such as Alteryx or Power BI preferred
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time, which requires U.S. citizenship
- Demonstrated quality service mindset and foundational knowledge of technical accounting and financial reporting standards; knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong technical aptitude, critical thinking and research skills; ability to navigate various computer applications, including MS Office (emphasis on Excel); aptitude to quickly learn KPMG Audit tools and applications used by our clients
- Strong communication, time management and relationship-building skills; able to employ sound professional judgment and professional skepticism; flexible and adaptable team player; leadership experience and resourceful in delivering high quality work; ability to demonstrate project management skills is a plus
- Must reside within a reasonably commutable distance to the office for this position and be able to travel to reasonably commutable work locations using own means of transportation, such as a personal vehicle or public transportation
- Work location may be in the office but will typically be at client sites, some of which may require travel and overnight/extended stay (varies by office); Audit professionals may have the opportunity to work virtually/remotely in the U.S. depending on business needs
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future. KPMG LLP will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work visa status for this opportunity (no sponsorship is available for H-1B, L-1, TN, O-1, E-3, H-1B1, F-1, J-1, OPT, CPT or any other employment-based visa).
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the salary range(s) are displayed via the URL below. The range is specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, performance, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your emotion and mental health. KPMG provides personal days off per fiscal year depending on job classification, standard work hours and years of service. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year. Available benefits are based on eligibility.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).