COMMERCIAL MANAGER - OPERATIONS & SUPPLY CHAIN FINANCEOur Story:
Vitaco is a leading Australasian manufacturer and distributor of an outstanding collection of health food and sports nutrition and supplement brands. Our four core brands, Healtheries, Nutra-Life, Musashi, and Aussie Bodies, have been helping people live healthier lives in New Zealand, Australia, and over 30 countries worldwide for over 100 years. From our best-in-class manufacturing capabilities to our dedicated customer service team, Vitaco employs over 500 team members in New Zealand and Australia, dedicated to providing the highest quality products for consumers of all ages and types around the world. Vitaco produces a complex portfolio of products at three in-house manufacturing sites in New Zealand and multiple co-manufacturing partners, our products are distributed through multiple warehousing and distribution solutions across ANZ and International markets.Your Opportunity:
Reporting to the President/Chief Commercial Officer, in your role, you will be pivotal in aligning financial strategies with our commercial objectives. You will be responsible for driving efficiency and profitability, drawing insights and knowledge of the business, focusing on gross margin drivers, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure our Manufacturing & Supply Chain operations are financially sound, focused on success, and strategically aligned. The ideal candidate will be a key leader within our organization and a pivotal contributor to our Commercial Finance Function, playing a central role in supporting and influencing our Manufacturing Operations and Supply Chain teams to achieve financial optimisation.About You:
You will have a thorough understanding of commercial business and the broader FMCG environment within ANZ and global manufacturing, and have the experience to partner cross-functionally to understand and interpret different business areas. Have a high attention to detail and be able to navigate through complexities and remove obstacles to deliver on key projects.Responsibilities:
Type of Experience and Formal Education that will favour your application:
- Overall co-pilot for all finance-related topics supporting the Operations & Supply Chain leadership team
- Drive ANZ initiatives to reduce cost base and improve margins through value engineering initiatives and partnering with other cross-functional teams.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop reporting on spend elements to assist in tracking and cost management in areas such as inbound and outbound freight and warehousing, customer-related costs, overhead spending, and stock-associated costs.
- Develop tools to support optimal decision making for inventory policy and supply chain KPIs as well as performance indicators to track success.
- Responsible for the ANZ cost of goods sold and P&L and inventory performance management, which includes actuals variance explanation and forecasting.
- Partner with the Procurement team for the projection of purchase price variance and work with commercial teams to provide insight into future profitability.
- Work with Supply Planning to understand inventory landing vs. prior projection and past month's trend and derive insights and develop actions.
- Utilize data to project future inventory levels while reflecting business initiatives in the projection (such as stock level recovery, Pipe fill for NPD, etc.).
- Support on the development of legal and other agreements in the area of material supply, asset leasing, co-manufacturing and other operations agreements
- Support and drive financial requirements for strategy, budget and periodic forecasting
- Provide commercial finance support for key project management as well as input to business cases, tracking and approval processes for key capital projects across operations & supply.
What can you expect in return?
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting (CA/CPA/CIMA)
- 10+ years of experience in commercial finance, operations, and supply chain finance
- Strong analytical, financial modelling, and data analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities.
- Proficiency in financial software and data analysis tools.
- Knowledge of supply chain and commercial best practices.
- Experience within the FMCG/FMCH industry
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management abilities
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
Why is this the next great opportunity for you?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements and work-life harmony
- Great discounts on our products
- Access to discounted health insurance
- Subsidized onsite cafe
- A day off on your birthday
- Wellness initiatives
- Access to naturopathic advice from our in-house experts
- A fun and supportive work environment, and the list goes on
Vitaco is an energising place to work, full of passionate people. You'll work in an environment where people with commitment, drive, initiative and entrepreneurial spirit work as a team to reach outstanding results. We respect our colleagues, customers and suppliers and we offer freedom to act, to challenge the status quo but also to take responsibility. To be successful, you must be able to work proactively and collaboratively in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. Of vital importance is that you will be a solutions-orientated and self-motivated person who will possess an abundance of positivity, initiative and a passion for "Empowering Healthier Lives”. Agencies, please note:
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by Vitaco's recruitment team. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated. Applications will be considered prior to the closing date.
Apply now Share