Your new company
Hays Senior Finance is exclusively partnered with a market leading global business to appoint their newly created Senior Financial Accountant / Assistant Financial Controller position, supporting the UK business with governance and financial reporting. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant, with either a practice or industry background, to add value as a technical expert in financial reporting and accounting compliance as well as transform processes and promote efficiency across the business area.
Your new role
You'll work closely with the Financial Controller and Finance Director to coordinate and support closing activities for a number of entities, with responsibility for;
- Financial and external reporting, and management of period end close including reviews of financial statements.
- Direct tax reviews and VAT compliance.
- Maintenance of statutory records and participation in statutory audit preparation.
- Ensure compliance reporting and managing the review process.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll need to be a qualified (CCAB or CIMA) accountant with experience in financial reporting either in practice or industry. Also, you'll have:
- Working knowledge of IFRS and GAAP.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication, teamwork, and organisational skills are essential.
- Highly motivated, self-starter willing to meet strict deadlines and time constraints
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and analytical problem-solving skills.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive base salary dependent on qualification and experience up to £60/65,000.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Private healthcare scheme.
- Matched pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Hybrid working arrangement with 1-2 days in the office per week with free parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.