Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are supporting a global organisation based in Swindon with their search for a highly experienced technical accounting professional to join their team in a newly created position. This role is highly engaging and provides an excellent breadth of exposure to the fast-growing business and will take responsibility for group reporting, business partnering and project management, and technical accounting treatment.
Your new role
This is a busy, but rewarding and exciting position where you will focus on:
- Leading (end-to-end) group reporting processes for the business unit, indirectly managing and coordinating a medium-sized team of qualified accountants.
- Taking responsibility for accounting assessments of all ongoing projects and developments within the business.
- Building working relationships with internal teams across controlling, taxation, legal, projects and investments, corporate finance, operations as well as external stakeholders.
- Interpreting and implementing group accounting directives within the division and maintaining all technical papers on accounting treatment and local policy.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll need to be a qualified (CCAB or CIMA) accountant with significant experience in group reporting and technical accounting within a complex structure. Additionally, you'll need:
- Expert knowledge of IFRS and it's application to complex business scenarios.
- Self-confidence and the ability to develop effective stakeholder relationships and influence senior stakeholders.
- Proactive mindset and excellent project / people management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Advanced Excel.
- Working knowledge of SAP is preferred.
What you'll get in return
- Highly competitive base salary and benefits package depending on experience and qualification.
- Outstanding benefits package including bonus and private healthcare.
- Hybrid working with 40% of the working week spent in amazing offices with great amenities (gym, subsidised canteen and barista, electric car charging, etc).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.