Your new company
Hays Senior Finance is exclusively working with an established SME near Chippenham to appoint a newly created Management Accountant to support financial operations and contribute to their continued growth through financial analysis and decision-making support. This is a truly exciting opportunity for a finalist or newly-qualified accountant to join a business undergoing positive change and play an important role in the development of finance processes and offers the right candidate an opportunity to step into a Finance Manager position as part of a planned progression, working with a highly experienced hands-on CFO.
Your new role
This is a hands-on role, supporting the CFO with various deliverables including;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including reporting and commentary, variance analysis and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with month-end tasks for the team and overseeing the work of a part-qualified accountant
- Overseeing and managing the day-to-day finance functions such as AP and AR, bank accounts, credit control, etc
- Assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts and supporting year-end and audit
- Preparing budgets and forecasts including quarterly re-forecasting
- Identifying and leading process improvements
What you'll need to succeed
This role requires an experienced finalist / newly qualified (CCAB or CIMA) accountant with demonstrable management accounting experience. Additionally,
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Advanced Excel
- Highly organised and methodical, with accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible, proactive, strategic and a multitasker
- The ability to work collaboratively and provide appropriate challenge and insight, often under time pressure.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive base salary of £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on qualification and experience
- Discretionary annual company bonus
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Hybrid working - 60% of the working week on-site with 2 days working from home
- Company pension scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.